Love hurts chapter 10

Alicia

I drove into the parking lot. I drove slowly as I looked for a parking spot. I was usually picky with parking spots cause I didn't want any cars touching mine and some people are stupid enough to open their car door wide and leave scratches on the car next to it. After a few minutes of searching I finally found a parking space in the back. I looked at the rear view mirror, making sure that I wasnt bumping into any poles and I parked. Once I parked my car, I turned off the ignition and grabbed my keys from the key slot. I tossed it into my purse and placed the bag onto my shoulder. I got out of the car and closed the door shut. I fixed my shirt as I made my way into the mall.

~~

I walked up to an escalator as it was moving. Once I was on it, I patiently waited. Once I got off, I approached forever 21, the store I work In.

" Hey cece" Brianna greeted me and embraced me into a hug. Brianna was my best friend at the store forever 21. Sure I haven't met her at my school but we hang out a lot as much as I do with crystal and Rachel. Brianna and I have so much in common, as if were sisters. we love to go to the movies, shop, and have a good time together.Brianna had a chocolate brown skin which was flawless by the way, had a septum piercing, and wore jet black extensions in her hair. Her fashion style was on point also and she was seventeen years old. She has a boyfriend, And I must admit...her boyfriend is fine. His name is Trey. He is nineteen years old. Trey and Brianna are like the ideal couple. Even though he is promoting himself as a new coming R&B singer, he always makes time for her. They had been together for almost four years. Sometimes he would be conceited as ever , but he has Brianna to hold him down and keep him grounded.

" Hey, how you doing girl?!" I said enthusiastically, after she released a grip from me.

" You know...same old, same old. What about you girl?" Brianna said, taking a seat behind the register"

" it has been....HECTIC" I said, putting emphasis on hectic. My life was really hectic. It's unrealistic how within four months, my life would change drastically. From being a huge fan of mindless behavior to dating one of the boys in my dream, having a heartbreak from him, and then slowly talking to him again. As I snapped out of my thoughts shook my head, with a small smile plastered onto my face.

" How?" Brianna said, leaning onto the table and adjusting herself to get ready for the story I was about to tell her. I told her everything from meeting prince, going on stage with him, his girlfriend. Mostly everything that had to do with me and prince, including the incident today. Once I told her, i sighed and headed to a clothing rack. I make sure the clothes were placed onto the hanger properly.

" oh lord...so what's going on with you and that Princeton boy now then?" Brianna said, once she was able to let the whole story I told her sink into her head.

" Nothing really....the weird thing is that he works with my dad" I chuckled as I was folding new sweaters for this fall.

We both laughed and Brianna got off the spinning high red chair to help me fold new autumn clothing.

--------

Prince

" I can begin to understand the way you feel

It might just take a little time for your heart to heal

And girl I know that I can't take away the pain

But I can be your bandaid "

Prod sang until Mr. Monroe cut the music track off.

" Great work boys! This song is going to be a hit!" Mr. Monroe rose up and gave us a standing ovation

We all smiled at his reaction. This was the second record Mr. Monroe made for us and he was doing a hell of a job. I'm glad we were able to work with him. In that way, I get to see Alicia more often. We all heard a couple knocks onto the door until Walter, our manager for conjunction records appeared.

" Excuse me" Walter said, looking at Mr. Monroe before he turned to talk to us.

" Boys, we have to get going...Dance Rehearsal in a few minutes" Walter informed us before he left the room. We all said our goodbyes to Mr. Monroe and headed into the limousine.

Roc opened the door to the dance studio and held the door, letting us all in. We walked to room 205, the room that we were Supposed to be rehearsing one of our choreographies in. Ray turned up the music to girls talking about and we Danced the choreography, making sure we had it on point.

---------

We were on the floor panting. We just finished doing the choreographies for six songs and we were exhausted . I chugged down my Poland water bottle until Roc asked me a question.

" So jake, what up with you and Alicia?"

" Nothing really" I murmured to him. I don't like being open to roc about my relationships. Every time I always tell him about the girl I date and the things we do, I regret it. For example, I told him about my girlfriend Kennedy ...well ex now and whenever she would hang with us, He would snicker jokes and tell her everything I would tell him. He can't keep his mouth shut and he's slow at times. You can't trust people like that.

" Nigga please, you can't come into the studio blushing for no reason" Roc scoffed as he cocked his head back. I sighed and downed my water bottle. I'm not going to tell roc what plans I had on store for Alicia. Even if I told him, I knew he would ruin it for me. He would probably get in contact with Crystal, his girlfriend and ask for Alicia's number or something. I mentally flipped that thought off and continued to master one of our choreographies.

~*~.

Alicia

"BEEP.BEEP.BEEP.BEEP. "

My alarm went off. I tiredly tapped it and got out of my bed. I dragged myself to my bathroom. It took all the power in me not to go back into my warm, soft bed. I have three exams so I know I wouldn't have time to go back into it anyways. I removed my clothes and got into the shower.

Nearly twenty minutes, I got out of the shower with my pink towel wrapped around myself. I grabbed my toothbrush and applied my toothpaste onto it and began my dental routine. Before I left the bathroom, I splashed cold water onto my face, making sure I was alert and wide awake. I laid my outfit I was going to wear onto my bed and I got ready for school.

~~

I took one last glimpse into my full length mirror before I left my room. I was really feeling my outfit today. I wore a white and neon colored leopard print blouse, light wash skinnies, and my new white toms. I also wore my black and silver leather jacket and wore a few accessories. My hair was in a high bun with a few wavy/curly strands of hair in my face. I grabbed my tote bag and closed the door to my room. I then headed downstairs, to the kitchen. It was silent, which meant my dad was sleeping or he was with somebody somewhere. He's been doing this for a while now. Coming home super late and he would never tell me where he went. He just says " business related" and ignores any of my other questions . Some of you are probably wondering why it angers me so much. Well, whenever I go anywhere, he's always bugging out, blowing up my phone, And cause I care. He came around 6:30 a.m. Once. It worries me cause I know his clients wouldn't have him at the studio that long for a song or two. I hope he's not trying to get himself on trouble. I mentally flipped that out of my head.

" Hello, Goodmorning Alicia. What would you like for breakfast?" Mia said, walking onto the kitchen. Mia is our Maid, Housekeeper, Chef...all of that good stuff. My dad cannot cook, clean or anything else in that matter, therefore he hired Mia. Mia is actually a very nice lady. She invests all her time working around this house, knowing that my dad doesn't know how to do any feminine work. She was a Caucasian lady with a golden blonde hair. It was usually tied up into a tight bun. She was a thin lady but also had a fit body. You could tell that she worked out.

" Umm, just a blueberry muffin" I shortly replied, grabbing orange juice from the fridge. I took a glass cup from the cabinet and filled the glass with orange juice. As I began to sit, I felt a slight vibration on the bottom of my tote bag. I felt around the bag, in search of my iPhone until I felt a rectangular figure. I pulled it out and unlocked the phone. I tapped the message app in curiosity to see who sent me a text. The text number was unknown. The text said :

"Hey Baby :* , I heard you've gotten thicker last time I saw you"

I just stared at my phone I don't even know who this is. I mean it wouldn't hurt to find out who it is.

" Who is this?" I typed in and pressed send. I repetitively tapped my finger tips onto the marble table with eagerness filled all over my body. I snapped out of my thoughts to Mia tapping me on my shoulder

" Alicia?? Oh finally you can hear me, here's your muffin" Mia said, handing me a plate with two blueberry muffins.

I thank her and began to have my breakfast. Mia sat next to me.It was an awkward silence. It looked as if she was trying to say something but was hesitant about it.

" What were you thinking about Alicia?" Mia finally said, breaking the silence.

" Oh...nothing really" I mentally flipped her off. She was always trying to be in my business as if she was a mother to me, which I understand cause she knows that I don't have a woman figure in my life. It just gets aggravating when she asks me multiple questions.my phone slightly moved around the table, due to the vibration. I quickly picked up my phone before Mia even had a thought of picking it up and I left the kitchen. I checked the time and it was 7:50. I had to be at school at 8:00 so I decided to leave. Before I unlocked my car, I checked the text message.

" It's Issa" the text said.

I was completely baffled. First of all, who gave him my number? I sighed in frustration and hopped into my car. I placed the key in the key slot and turned it to the right as the car engine roared. I placed the stick shift to drive and headed to school.

-----------

He texted you what?! Crystal semi yelled in shock. We were in the cafeteria and it was lunch time. I told Crystal about the text this morning . I grabbed my phone out of my tote bag and unlocked it. I clicked on the messaging app and showed her the text. I sat back and waited for Crystal's reaction. She scrunched up her nose at the text in disgust.

" Now why would he text you something like that?! You guys are not dating anymore...are you?" Crystal's voiced raged from anger to curiosity

" No! Not at all! I'm just wondering how he has my number....I haven't talked to him ever since that incident I told you about." I rubbed my forehead in aggravation.

" Hmm..." Crystal said, thinking of an idea.

" Umm.. Don't text back, so maybe he might think he's texting the wrong person" Crystal Hesitantly said .

I Nodded my head in agreement. The School bell rang four times, which meant that our school day was over. I grabbed my bag and headed out the school door, approaching my car down the school street. I picked up my keys from my bag as I headed further towards my car. My car made a beeping sound and unlocked itself once I was close enough to it. I opened the driver's door and got into the car. I played "Clique" by kanye west. As I was driving home, my thoughts always went back to the text I received this morning. I admit, I kind of miss Issa, it was just his numerous actions of abuse made me hate him and break up with him. Unless he was beating me in a corner, he was the sweetest guy in the world. He would take me anywhere with him , not caring that his friends wanted to chill with him. He would put me first before anything he would do. I honestly missed his warm hugs, his passionate kisses but I'm not going to encounter physical abuse. He wasn't worth having my body full of dark bruises, cuts, and blood all over my skin. I'm not going to let a man stomp all over me just to feel loved from him. I buzzed out of my thoughts once I pulled up to the driveway of my father's mansion. I removed the key and unlocked the driver's door. I grabbed my bag and closed the door. I walked along the steps to my house until I reached the front door. I shoved the house keys into the slot and twisted it to the right. I did the same for the second slot and took the key out. I swung the door open and entered the house. As I walked in, I noticed that mindless behavior were in my living room couches, talking to Keisha and Walter, their managers. I paid them no mind since they seemed as if they were talking about something important. As I was approaching the steps, attempting to head to my bedroom, A tall guy with a big bushy yet curly fro bumrushed me. Before I had a chance to fall, the unknown human swooped me up. I stood correctly to focus on who was this person. Of course, it was Princeton with a priceless smile plastered onto his face.

" Sorry about that, Hey Alicia!" Princeton quickly said, embracing me into a bear hug.

" Hey princey " I joked as I said his name, hugging him back. I felt tingles squirm all over my body. The feeling was weird but I liked it.

" How was your day, beautiful?" Princeton said, finally letting go of me which took him ages to.

" It was...alright, yours?" I asked him, staring at his brown, slender eyes filled with lust.

" It was good, look what I got us." Princeton said, feeling the back of his skinny jean pocket. He grabbed what seemed like two rectangular shaped papers. The rectangular shaped papers are what appeared to be two Nirvana tickets. I squealed jumped up and down in excitement, which made the rest of the people on the couch to look over to the direction we were in. I completely ignored him and set my focus on directly Princeton.

" OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" I exclaimed, giving him a tight hug

" A-Alicia? I'm losing air..." Princeton said in a ceased voice.

" Oh.. I'm sorry about that, I've gotten a bit carried away" I said, backing away from him, looking down on the floor as I blushed in embarrassment.

" I never said I didn't like your hugs chica" Princeton said, pulling me back into a passionate hug. His hug sent tingles all over my body again.

" Thanks again prince" I said, laying my head on the side of his shoulder.

" Your welcome, Love" He whispered lightly onto my ear.