Happy Anniversary

I woke up to the loud rings of the Alarm app on my phone. I shut it off, looking at the time which read 6:30 a.m. Today was my first day back to RiverBanks High from my week off of recuperation. I didn't even want to step foot into that school again; I'm going to be surrounded with the rumors Kennedy Spread and Jordan's groupies. I could stand Jordan's groupies cause they've been around me ever since the month Jordan tried to get with me. On the other hand , I would have to explain myself to everyone and hopefully convince them that everything Kennedy said about me was false. Everything was going oh-so great in my life before Kennedy moved in with her mother. One..If my father never met Andrea , Our bond would've never shattered. Two, If kennedy was strong enough to move on from Jacob, I would've never had to deal with these rumors she caused me. It took all the power within me to get out of my bed and do my morning methodical.

~

Walking downstairs by the kitchen, I saw none but the other Kennedy who was making herself breakfast. Her face was a bit worse than it was yesterday. Her nose wasn't leaking anymore and her face was caked with foundation. You couldn't see the her bruises and black eye but the knot on her forhead gave it away. Her hair was placed in a high bun, covering the knot in the back of her head. It was a bittersweet moment for me, knowing that I caused that much damage on her face and seeing her just fueled my anger towards her. I emitted a brief chuckle, walking out the house. As i approached my car, i took my keys out to unlock it. I then placed my tote bag on the passenger seat and turned up the radio which was currently playing " Body Party" by Ciara. I pulled out of the driveway without Kennedy, knowing that she's supposed to go to school with me in my car.

~*~

Surprisingly my day went went well. Instead of expecting everyone in school to call me out of my name from the rumors that Kennedy cause, they went the exact opposite. The same people who were blowing up my social networks were being nice to me. Even though some of Jordan's groupies talked about me here and there, It wasn't enough to ruin my day. Kennedy walked around with a shocked expression plastered onto her face possibly expecting something blown out of proportion to happen to me. I was happy to see that Kennedy was flustered that her plan didn't work as well as she thought it would. She even went farther with the situation, trying to cause new rumors and lies about me which made her look more crazy than she already was. I could only thank the person who took their time out to get rid of all these rumors about me.

On my way to my job at a Fashion Department store, I recieved a phone call by Prince.

" Hey!" I answered, smiling . I held my phone between my ear and shoulder as i drove.

" Well look who sounds happy" Jacob chuckled. In the background, i heard loud rustles before i heard his voice again. " What are you doing?"

" I'm on my way to my Job"

" And what time will you be finished?"

" I took second shift so around...6"

" Great!" Prince exhaled with relief. " Do you even know what today is?" he snapped playfully

" Duh! I should be the one asking you" I laughed through the phone.

" Alicia be smart....Why do you think i'm calling you for then? That's why i asked you when you would be finished with your job" Jacob spoke in a blunt tone.

" Whatever" I joked. " Well now you know what time it is then"

" Okay i'm going to pick you up at....." Jacob hesitated. " Is eight good?"

" Yeah, it gives me enough time"

" Alright I'll see you then. Love you and don't forget to wear something nice " I could sense him smiling through the phone.

" Okay, Love you too." with that, i hung up and placed my phone in my jean pocket . Today was Jacob and I's first year anniversary. The only thing i was nervous about was his gift. I didn't want to be cliche and buy him something punk rock material but i didn't want to go over the top and buy something he wouldn't be able to use. I dedicded to get help from Camilla and Crystal who also worked with me at my job.

" Get him a misfit bundle" Crystal offered. She leaned over the cashier counter, using her elbows to prop herself. I was placing dresses and blouses in hangers and hanging them on racks. I sighed as i shook my head.

" That's too..... " I searched for a proper word to describe her idea. " it's expected. Like if i was him, i would expect myself to buy that."

" But why would she buy that?" Camilla scrunched her eyebrows as she cashed out items for a customer. " Jacob likes punk rock stuff but to an extent... I could imagine a fan buying him that."

" You're right i guess" Crystal blew her side bangs away from her face.

" I want something not too simple or over the top for him"

" I have the perfect place then" Crystal used her model-worthy smile and pulled out her phone, tapping repetitively on it.

We all waited till the end of our shift to see what Crystal was talking about her "Perfect place" to buy a gift for Jacob. We drove thirty minutes away from our Job to a store that was titled " Ricardo's Jewlers ". The exterior of the store was simply plain, no decor or anthing but the inside was a whole 'nother story. Jewelry made out of real diamonds glistened throughout the store. the ceiling had an ancient design and the store had a red velvet theme going on. We was met by a tall, wide man who had a bushy mustache and his hair was slicked back with the help of gel. The man had his hands clasped together onto a glass table that revealed everything from watches to earrings. He smiled briefly before speaking.

" Welcome to Ricardo's Jewlers" He greeted Camilla and I, shaking our hands. " Crystal are these the ladies you told me about earlier?"

" Yes tio" Camilla said in her spanish accent. " So this is my uncle Ricardo and tio, This is Camilla and Alicia" She introduced her uncle to us, swaying her hand as a gesture to show which one of us was which.

" Nice to meet you ladies. Now which one i'm supposed to ' hook up ' ?" Ricardo inquired as he used air quotes.

" Alicia" Crystal said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder in a friendly manner. " Today is her first year anniversay with her boyfriend and she doesn't know what to get him. I thought he'd be able to use a little bling you know" Crystal chuckled.

" Alright, over this way" Ricardo directed us to another glass table that revealed all types of shining jewlery made for men. he moved the glass counter top off the table with a small key and proceeded to push it to the side. I gawked at all the diamond rings, chains, watches, and earrings. They all shined brightly with the help of bright flourescent lights . We all took a moment to stare at the jewlery.

" What do you think he'll like?" Ricardo interrupted the moment of silence.

" I...I don't even know. All of these look amazing" I stared at Jewlery in amazment. I took one watch that stood the most to me out of all of them, looking at it intently. The watch was a silver rolex with diamonds encrusted around the circle. The inside on the watch which showed the time was black and the numbers were roman numerals in silver. Small beads of diamonds were also inside.

" That watch looks nice" Crystal took it momentarily, examining it.

" Prince is going to love it, I can just feel it" Camilla said

" Is that the one you want to give him?" Ricardo inquired

" Yeah" I hesitantly nod. Ricardo placed the watch in a white , vevlet-felt case and wrapped it in a " Ricardo's Jewler" wrapping paper. He concluded with placing it in a plastic bag.

" The watch is on me" He gave me the plastic bag. " Happy anniversary"

" Thank you!" I gave him a brief hug . I ended up dropping both Camilla and Crystal, who i thanked tremendously for what she did. I walked in to my house to see my dad watching NBA finals who was too engulfed into the game that he didn't even notice i entered . I rolled my eyes at him, walking right up into my room to get ready for the night.

~

Getting out of the shower, I was wrapped in my purple robe, searching for a perfect dress to wear tonight. I tore out several dresses that wouldn't make the cut.

" This is harder than I expected" I mumbled grumpily .

After thirty long agitating minutes, i found a dress i decided to wear. It was a red, bodycon dress that complemented my curves and reached an inch above my knee. I sat on my seat in my vanity area, Curling my hair loosly. I wore jewlery that complimented my dress and Silver pumps. I grabbed a clutch to top the outfit and placed certain things I would need and prince's gift of course.

" Alicia!!" My dad called out.

" What?!" I answered,with an attitude to hint that i was still angry.

" You're going to keep your boyfriend waiting?"

I widened my eyes. Prince was already here?! I checked the time which was eight thirty . I was the cause of us both being late to whatever prince had planned.

" Fuck" I muttered. I turned off the lights in my room and literally ran down the stairs, managing not to slip and fall straight on my ass. I was met downstairs with prince sitting on a couch adjacent to my father with Kennedy and her mother sitting at the dining table. Kennedy glared at me with jealousy as i fixed my dress. Jacob rose up holding a medium amount of roses as a bouquet. Jacob looked aboslutely stunning. He wore a white button down shirt with two buttons opened, black skinnies, and high top adidas. He had on a gold chain and watch with his usual diamond earring he wears.

" You look beautiful Alicia" My father complimented.

" Thanks" I said dryly before hugging Jacob. He pecked my ear with his soft lips , handing me the flowers afterwards.

" Let me go get my camera" My father rose up, walking up the stairs. I really didn't understand my dad. First he wants to go on a rampage on how rude i am and now he wants to be new yet again and act differently out of the blue. This was so unnecessary right now. As Prince and I waited on my dad to return, the silence rang loudly through the room. Kennedy would look at Prince and I here and there.

" Like what you see Kennedy? " Jacob smirked, grabbing me closer to him and kissed me on the cheek. At the time, Andrea was in the kitchen washing dishes.

" No i don't give a fuck honestly " Kennedy folded her arms to her chest.

" To me, it seems like you really do if you have to be so low to start shit about her around the school you both go to and say Alicia is a relationship wrecker and stole me from you. "

Kennedy drew her mouth open in a shocked manner, as if she was caught up in a lie.

" Oh you thought i wouldn't find out now did you? And trust me, Alicia didn't even have to tell me. I found out through twitter so don't make any lies right now cause i'm not buying any of it."

My dad finally came down the stairs with one of his favorite cameras in his hand.

" Sorry i took long. I had to grab one of the best cameras haha"

My dad snapped a few photos of Jacob and I posing. I genuinely smiled, noticing the salt Kennedy had. She was right behing my father, giving me a look to kill.

" Now you both enjoy yourselves" My dad waved us bye.

" Yeah whatever" I dismissed my dad and walked out of the house. Prince gave my dad a small talk before catching up with me.

" What's the deal with you and your dad now?" Prince laughed, opening the passenger door for me. He closed it shut and jogged off to his side and started the ignition, roaring the car to life.

" He's two faced now" I explained. " Yesteray we had an argument after i beat Kennedy's ass and now he's trying to act all different and yell at me since Andrea was there. He was most likely trying to impress her. I don't even know what he sees in her. She dresses like she doesn't have a stable household to live in. "

" You fought Kennedy?!" Prince busted out cackling. " No wonder i saw those bruises and knots on her face. If i could only recorded it"

" And Andrea arrived all angry and glaring at me like she was in control of everything."

" I'm glad I never met her mother" Prince rubbed the nape of his neck

" You never met her mother?"

" Nope." Prince said, popping the 'p'. " At the time Kennedy and I first started dating she wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend so we dated behind her mother's back. It wasn't like her mother was so worried about Kennedy that much cause she would go to clubs with her friends all night and drink her ass to sleep when she would come back from what Kennedy told me. It was to numb off the pain of her divorce . Her ex husband divorced her cause she was unfit for a woman and a mother herself, She would go to all events wearing skirts up to here." Prince told me, showing the length of the skirts Andrea wore on his thigh.

" Her mother basically acted like a prostitute after that" Prince concluded.

" That's why Andrea gets too offensive whenever i call her stuff along the lines of that " I took what prince said into realization.

" I guess." Prince shrugged. " Well enough of her weird mother" He dismissed the conversation. " We're here!" He cheered, parking his car in a slot in the parking lot.

" This restuarant looks nice " I smiled, looking at the exterior as we walked.

" Oh wait till you see what i reserved for us. "

We walked into the building with our hands interwined. Prince lead me to the restaurant's staff.

" How many seats sir?" the lady grabbed menus out in preparation.

" I ordered a reservation here."

" What is your name?"

" Jacob Perez"

" Oh!" the lady exclaimed. " Right this way". The lady led us up a case of stairs until we were on the ceiling top outside. There was a large wooden table that was covered elegantly with a beige cloth, porecelain plates and glasses on both sides of the table, and a candle. A waiter was already standing by the side of the table.

" This so beautiful!" I exclaimed, giving prince a tight hug.

" I try, I try" Prince smiled. " You look amazing by the way"

" You're not to bad yourself" I chuckled, giving prince a kiss afterwards.

Prince traditionally pulled out my seat for me and pushed it in. From where Prince and I were seated, you could see most the city lights and buildings in L.A. . It was a beautiful sight to see.

" Would you both like to start off with the appetizer and a drink?" The waiter inquired, pulling out his notepad with his pen.

" Yeah...." Prince looked at the menu . " Buffalo wings?"

" Drink?"

" Coke... Alicia?" Prince asked

" Same order but sprite "

The waiter nodded and left. He came back shortly with both of the drinks and appetizers.

We ate in silence for the first few minutes we recieved our order. That's when thoughts of Kennedy appeared in my head and what she told me yesterday.

" You really think he wants you like that? He's most likely just dating you to get to your father and create number one hits for the billboard charts. " Her voice echoed in my head. I glanced at prince, who was enjoying his food.

" If you only knew that he let me into your hospital room in the middle of the night while you were sleeping and kept me there for more than you expected. I'll just let you wonder on and guess what we did, be my guest. " Her voice appeared yet again in my head . I tried to forget about it but to my dismay, it went through my head over and over again.

" Did you let Kennedy go into my hospital room while i was sleeping when you visited me?" I blurted out, not even thinking about it. I just wanted an answer , Kennedy could be right.

Prince choked on the coke he was drinking. He grabbed a napkin and wiped his lips before responding to me .

" I'm sorry, you caught me off guard." He fixed himself. " Did I let kennedy in your room while you were sleeping ?"

"....Yes" I said. I was almost afraid to hear his answer

" Technically I didn't, i wasn't paying her any mind so she entered herself."

" What did you guys do?"

" Nothing at all, I swear. She was so called checking up on you and i tried making her leave until she wanted to talk shit so i gave her a warning and told her to leave."

" Are you lying to me?" I asked weakly, I felt so vulnerable

" Why would i lie to you about that Alicia ? You don't trust me enough to believe what i tell you? What did kennedy tell you?" By the looks of it, Prince was agitated. His nostrils were flared out and he was burning my soul with his eyes.

" She just told me i should guess that on my own and that you were only dating me to get record hits on the billboard charts from my dad for your group."

" What the fuck?! Kennedy is delusional ! Do not believe what she tells you babe, she's only angry that i'm with you now... not her. She's trying to manipulate you to ruin our relationship. Don't let her do that to you. I love you and you only." Prince comforted me, rubbing on my shoulder across the table.

" I'm sorry. I just let her get into my head"

" It's alright. It would be expected for her to do that so whenever she tells you anything like that, don't pay her any mind."

Minutes later, The waiter came back with our main courses.

" I have a suprise for you by the way" Prince got up and walked to my side of the table. " Lord you don't know how long i was waiting to do this. I wanted to wait for the right time and since today is our anniversary i guess today is perfect. I wrote you a poem followed by something else" He winked. He then grabbed a piece of paper from his back pocket. He then began to recite his poem.

" Love... I thought i'd never experience it until i met you

The way you walked and carried yourself had me mesmerised

And the pure beauty you have without makeup has me hypnotized

Everytime we lock gazes, my heart skips a beat

Without you, my life wouldn't be complete

Everyday , my heart yearns for the sight of your beauty

It's like a lock without its key...

All I need is you and me" Prince looked up at me nervously, handing me the paper.

" I love it!!" I cheered as i embraced him into a hug. " I'll hang this poem right up in a frame."

" That's not all that i have for you, there's another gift that goes along with that" Prince laughed, reaching for his back pocket

" Are you ready for it?" He then inquired, arching his eyebrows. I nodded in excitement. Prince pulled out a pink-velvet felt box and opened it slowly, revealing an eternity ring. The eternity ring had a double row of diamonds encrusted on a gold band. The diamonds had a natural glow to it that made me gasp in utter awe . He pulled the ring out of it's case and looked at me in a serious manner.

" This eternity ring shows you my eternal love for you and I mean it when I say this." Prince then stated as he slid the ring on my marriage finger.I gawked at the ring in amazement for a while before talking to prince.

" It's so.....beautiful" I wrapped my arms around prince's neck, kissing him.

" I'm glad you like it" He replied, breaking the kiss. " This was my first time buying a girl something like this other than my mother so i didn't know if you would like it or not"

" You don't have to worry about all of that when it comes to me. Anything is fine with me, just all long as it comes from you." I said. " Which reminds me...I have a little something for you too" I grabbed my clutch off the table.

" Are you ready for it?" I mocked prince in his voice.

" Yes i am" He laughed.

I pulled out the white velvet case out of my clutch and handed it to him.

" I actually want you to open it yourself. It's your gift"

" Alright." With that, he tore the gift paper off and opened the box quickly.

His mouth opened in shock as he stared at the Rolex i gave him. He wore it on his wrist, glancing at it from afar .

" I'm wearing this watch every single day."

" Well...Do you like it? I folded my arms.

" Of course! I love it!" Prince gave me his signature bear hug

" Happy one year anniversary!" I cheered

" Happy one year anniversary, Love"