Chapter Seven

LYRA
______

The weekend flew by a lot faster than I had anticipated, and before I knew it, Alexander and I had arrived back to the pack house in Silver Crescent.

I hardly had a chance to exhale when Dyami popped through the door and asked for my mate, making me pout slightly as I realised we were back to the normal routine.

"I will be with you shortly," Alexander told the beta, nodding his head once before the latter boy disappeared.

Biting my lip, I eagerly eyed my mate as he approached me before he wrapped his arms around me. I leaned my head against his chest, closing my eyes as I tried to enjoy this quiet time with him.

"You alright?" he muttered in to my hair, his arms around my waist squeezing.

I pulled my head back to glance up at him, before I nodded. "I am," I assured. "I'm just a little tired, and perhaps very sore."

Alexander grinned and dipped his head down to nuzzle his nose against my cheek. "Hmm," he hummed. "Sounds like you are sore for the right reasons."

I slapped his chest lightly, gaping at him. "You should go before we have a pool of members at our door."

Alexander smiled adoringly at me, moving his head to peck at my lips lightly. "I love you," he murmured in to the kiss. "This weekend was the best weekend of my life."

When his lips trailed kisses down my jaw and neck, I giggled and pushed at his chest. It was enough to make my mate pull back and glance down at me, a teasing smile on his lips.

"I love you too," I told him. "And it was a good weekend, I agree. Hopefully we can make a habit of those getaways."

My mate nodded in agreement. "We sure can," he replied, pecking me once more before he pulled back and headed towards the front door.

"Don't be late!" I stated as I watched Alexander hurry out of the house.

'Wouldn't dream of it,' he responded in our mind-link. 'Have fun with your friends, baby.'

I grinned as he disappeared out of my sight, leaving me to exhale loudly with a pang of disappointment racing down my spine. We were back to the normal routine. This was our life, we were the leaders.

It was the only life that I had known up until now, and now that Alexander and I had been on a couple of getaways, it made me realise how much I enjoyed our time together— away from everyone.

The wolves around us were incredibly kind and considerate, but I wanted to be selfish and spend more time with Alexander. He was busy with the pack most of the days, with a day off here and there to dedicate to me. I tried to join him to lead our pack, but most of the times it was just training.

Training was extremely boring. It was necessary to ensure training was performed adequately, but after watching the same actions every single day, was repetitive. I realised the training grounds didn't need both Alexander and I to be present.

Where I could step in as the Luna, I did. I attended to the orphans in the pack twice a week, enjoying various activities and had dinner with them. Other times, I trained the she-wolves when I could.