Chapter Thirty Six - Epilogue

*Five years later...

LYRA
______

"Arla Theresa Rathborne," I shouted from the top of my lungs, as I clung to Ares tightly, to ensure the pup in my hands didn't fall.

Five years on, and we had birthed our son— Ares Thames Rathborne. The pup had bright emerald green eyes, similar to mine, with beautiful chocolate brown locks of hair that hung over his eyes. He was adorable and growing fast at only four months. He could walk, but we were rushing and I didn't need him to wonder off right now.

Alexander chuckled, as he rushed to take our boy from my arms, pecking my head in the process. "Baby, breathe," he told me, a smirk on his lips. "It might be easier to mind-link her than to exert yourself."

I put my hand on my waist and gave him a bored look. "I am scarier when I shout," I replied. "And why does a five year old need so much time to get ready anyway?"

Alexander shrugged, his attention on our baby boy in his arms. "Women," he told Ares, faking a shudder. "You will see what I mean one day, young Alpha."

I rolled my eyes, but before I could say anything, my not so sweet, darling, five year old pup came strutting down the stairs, holding on to her dress to ensure she didn't trip.

"Sorry, momma," she apologised quickly as she reached us. "But at least I look presentable."

She twirled quickly, her dress following suit, making her appear like the little princess that she was. She was spoiled and it was all thanks to her daddy.

'Hey, do not blame me. She definitely takes after my Luna,' Alexander accused, in our mind-link.

I sighed, realising that my walls had been down and he had heard everything that I had thought. One thing I had seemed to miss out after I had read up on marking your Alpha, was that with that meant we were both one. As in, we could hear each others thoughts amongst many other things that now made us connected as one.

It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, just annoying at times. When I noticed Alexander's arched brow, I realised he could still hear my thoughts.

I grabbed hold of Arla's hand before I rushed us out of the house and headed for Jaxon's house. Him and Evan were hosting a barbecue, to celebrate their fourth year wedding anniversary.

When we finally reached the party, as expected, everyone were already there. Ava embraced us as she greeted us, taking my pups in to her arms, as she muttered words of endearment to them. My pups loved her, mainly because she fed them all the chocolates and sweets in the world whenever they slept over at her house with her own pup.

"Where is Nyra?" I asked her, glancing around to see if Ava's daughter was around.

"Please, she is getting naughtier by the day," Ava complained, giving me a frustrated look. "She's chasing butterflies with Kai and Luca somewhere," she elaborated before she turned to Arla. "Why don't you go join them, sweetie?"

Arla glanced at me, as if she was waiting for permission before I nodded. "Stay close to the party, okay? And remember to call me or daddy if anything happens."

"Yes, momma," she replied before she disappeared to where the other pups were playing.

Ava smiled after her, before she played with Ares. "Your pups are well mannered," she said, giving me a side look.