Chapter Thirteen

ALEXANDER
_____________

"Please, I insist," Aspen urged, holding his arm out towards the single sofa chair by the desk.

Narrowing my eyes, I reluctantly placed myself on the only seat in the room. Aspen grabbed a pair of shorts from one of the drawers located in the small room before he turned back to me.

I watched him curiously, eyeing every inch of his face. Aside from the colour of his eyes and perhaps his hair, everything else about his appearance was completely different to mine.

If he was my brother, clearly, I had the upper hand with the genes. It didn't take a genius to figure out who the better looking brother was.

"So," he commented. "I suppose I have a lot of explaining to do."

"That would be the most sensible thing in this situation unless you have some sort of a death wish," I retorted, my wolf at bay.

I didn't trust the wolf. But my wolf was neutral. He was supposedly my brother. One that I had no damn clue even existed until today. Yet, here he was. His eyes the exact same ocean blue as my own. It was almost as if I was staring in to my own eyes. Creepy as hell.

"I don't expect you to trust me right away, but I really hope we can form a similar bond— you know, to the one you have with Zynthéa."

Arching a brow, I sneered, "You've been keeping tabs on my sister?"

Aspen shrugged. "She is my sister too, Alexander."

"Tell me why I should believe anything you say," I challenged, placing my ankle on my knee as I rubbed at my chin.

"You don't have to," he stated, sighing. "Although, it would mean everything to me if you could. In all honesty, I practiced what I would say when I finally met you but for some reason, I've lost my train of thoughts."

My eyes scanned his to see if there was any ulterior motive behind his words, but then Jenna's words rang in my ears to remind me that he had been in this pack since the beginning. Except, I hadn't known. How?

"Why were you in hiding?" I blurted.

My question must have caught him off guard because his brows furrowed and he glanced at me as if I had asked him the most ridiculous question.

"Why?" he repeated, scoffing. "I suppose you won't understand."

I snorted. "What is there to understand?"

Aspen's lips pulled up in to a smirk. "You're not serious, right? We are brothers," he replied, in a matter-of-fact tone. "It's been eight years, Alexander. I wish father was alive to testify, but if you need me to do a DNA test, I will. You have to believe me."

"I cannot comprehend the thought of you being my brother when I am only meeting you now after twenty-three years," I sneered, my canines protruding.

My wolf was convincing me to hear this stranger out when all I wanted was to lock him up and question him. But something made me hesitate acting up on that thought.

"Which is a fair point," Aspen agreed, making me snap my attention back to him. "I will explain the basics in hopes that your wolf will convince you that I am speaking nothing but the truth."