Chapter Thirty One

LYRA
______

"What?"

Biting my lip, I nodded, eagerly. Alexander grinned, wildly, as him and Dyami fist bumped before they engulfed in a man hug.

"My man," Dyami beamed. "Congratulations!"

I smiled in awe, but my eyes diverted to Zynthéa who was in shock. "Oh, wow. Congratulation, guys," she finally weeped, before she attacked me with her hug. "I am so chuffed for you."

I hugged her back, and thanked her in the process, already feeling tears pool up in my eyes again, but I had promised myself I wouldn't cry.

"Extending the Rathbornes, not so bad, huh?" Zynthéa said to Alexander, grinning.

Alexander shrugged, his eyes on me as he embraced Zynthéa quickly. The genuine smile on his face made me almost melt at his feet. I couldn't wait to raise pups with this man.

Zynthéa, Dyami, Alexander and I spent the whole morning together. I was cuddled up to Alexander on the sofa, with me practically sitting on his lap, with his arms around me securely.

Dyami and Zynthéa were seated on another sofa, and Luca had fallen asleep.

Dyami had told Alexander the ins and outs of what had happened. Apparently, all the wolves from Sirius Pack were pretty much dead. But after having spoken to Jonathan, on behalf of Alexander, Dyami said that in actuality, many of those wolves had been rogues rather than wolves from Sirius.

Jonathan wouldn't allow for the beta and his wife to plan an attack on our pack, because he loved Alexander. So, the beta and his wife had been 'travelling' to find rogues to help with the attack.

Jonathan didn't feel remorseful that his beta was dead. In fact, he had said it was a shame that a wolf he trusted would turn that way. But apparently, it had been long time coming and he had already replaced him.

Alexander had noticed the frown on my face, and pecked my pouted lips until I had ended up smiling. Not just because I was expecting now, but he promised that he wouldn't let me ever overthink anything again, and that he would always protect me.

Aspen was trusted, apparently, he had played a big role in helping to lessen the severity of the attack since he had contact with someone from Sirius who knew what was happening. He had told Dyami everything, and Alexander made note to go see him later.

In the meantime, Aspen remained in place, spending time with Kai and was still getting to know the pack. But it was reassuring to know that he could be trusted, even if I hadn't really doubted him that much.

Dyami's voice must've caused for me to dose off, because my eyes lazily fluttered open when I felt myself being carried.

It took me a couple of seconds before I came to the realisation that my injured mate was the one carrying me.

I pulled my head back to glance up at him, earning a genuine smile from Alexander. "Hey, sleepy."

"You shouldn't be carrying me," I said, sleepily, my voice croaky. "You're hurt."

"I am never too hurt for you," he replied, cornily, before a grin covered his face.

We had reached our bedroom by this time, and he ever so gently placed me on the bed, before he pulled the duvet up to cover me. Finally, he sat seated on the edge of the bed, and gently stroked my cheek with his index.