Chapter Three

LYRA
______

"I'm sorry, have we met before?"

The stranger shook his head, the corner of his mouth rising ever so slightly.

"I do not believe we have," he replied, offering his hand for me to shake.

I was about to reach for his hand when Alexander's voice snapped me out of the action.

"Lyra?"

My head turned in the direction of his voice. His gaze was hard and his eyes were narrowed. I smiled at him, waving my hand. When he approached me, with Luca still in his arms, he scanned my face, frowning.

"Who was that?" he asked, his voice cold.

I glanced back expecting for the stranger to be there, except he had vanished and I was left staring in to the air. I frowned as I quickly scanned the reception, not finding him present at all.

I tilted my head in confusion, slightly weirded out by what had happened.

"How strange," I muttered lowly, trying to think if I had imagined my encounter with the stranger. "I don't know."

I turned my gaze back on my mate, and he was still frowning. I stepped closer to place my hand on his chest, in an effort to calm his overly-worked up wolf. His wolf proved that my encounter with the stranger had been real.

"Are you okay?" I asked, softly.

Alexander's eyes snapped back to me after he had been gazing hard in to the distance. Shaking his head, his eyes softened and he smiled down at me.

"I always am around you," he replied, cornily. "Luca here has been very good, but I want my Luna to myself so excuse me whilst I return him to his owners."

I chuckled softly as I watched my mate brush past me with the little pup in his arms. Luca waved to me, bouncing up and down as Alexander took big strides towards Zynthéa and Dyami.

The rest of the ceremony flew by a lot more faster than I would have liked. I hardly had enough time to catch up with Ava and Matteo, but the pair promised to have a day just for that purpose on my return from my honeymoon.

Jaxon and Evan kept reassuring me that they would take care of the pack in my absence and for me to just try to enjoy myself.

Zynthéa and Dyami were envious and wanted to swap places with Alexander and I, saying how once the pups come along, life becomes a lot harder and busier.

Once I had changed from my wedding dress to a simpler white mini-dress, Alexander ordered for Adam to take us to the airport.

After waving goodbye to our friends and family, Adam sped away from the venue towards the airport. I couldn't help but laugh softly to myself.

Alexander shifted beside me in the car, he leaned his head closer to my side, his hand brushing against my exposed thigh.

"Want to share that amusing thought with me?" he questioned, a glint flashing in his eyes.

His expression made me laugh slightly louder, but that only caused for Alexander to arch a brow, and pull me flush against him.