CHAPTER THIRTY || zemo

CHAPTER THIRTY, zemo

*・゚:*・゚

IVANNA AND STEVE walked up to Sam and Bucky. Ivanna smiled at Sam, silently asking if he was okay. Knowing she could read his mind, he answered and then turned his attention to a siren going off a few feet away. Bucky groaned and they all slowly faced the source, seeing John with a smile on his face. Ivanna returned a rather fake one and turned to Steve. He was still holding her jacket, eyes trained on this new Captain America he had yet to meet. They slowly approached him, Ivanna's hands finding her jeans pockets as they made their way to him.

"Gentlemen," he smiled at Bucky, Sam, and Steve, then looked to Ivanna, "Vanna-"

"Don't call me that," she muttered in a warning.

"Good to see you again," he smiled at the group, "look, we don't stand a chance if we divide ourselves. You guys know that."

Ivanna eyed him, then watched as Bucky approached the car and leaned on it. Bucky glanced to her, then to Steve, all three looking at Sam as he spoke.

"So what do you got?"

"Well, the leader's name's Karli Morgenthau," John began, "We've been targeting civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place."

"They geotagged a location, then scrambled the signal," Lamar informed them, everyone's attention going to him while he quickly glanced at John, "but our satellites have found their symbol popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe."

John hummed in agreeance, "We think that she's taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps."

"Well there are hundreds of those all over the planet since The Blip," Bucky reminded John, "So I guess you'll have to look real hard."

"Good thing I have 20/20 vision, huh?"

"Where is she now, Walker?" Bucky was unamused. Ivanna folded her arms and spared a glance at Steve who seemed to be getting agitated as well, "Do you know?"

"No," John's voice was growing louder, "we don't know, Bucky. It's only a matter of time before we find out."

"Things are intense for you, aren't they, Walker?"

"Buck," Steve muttered, Bucky looked to his best friend dismissively and then turned back to John. John was shooting daggers at Bucky, and Sam stepped forward toward Bucky.

"Take it easy," he said looking at John then approached the super soldier, "Look, Walker's right. We must find them and stop them. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kinds of authorizations you have to get. We're free agents, we're more flexible. So it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you."

Ivanna, Sam, Bucky, and Steve began walking away. They only came to a stop when they heard John once again.

"A word of advice, then," Ivanna turned sideways to look at John, listening to him even though she already knew what he was saying, "Stay the hell out of my way."

John glared at the four, then he and Lamar turned and walked away. Ivanna glared after him, fighting the urge to walk up and shock him. A hand fell on her shoulder and she glanced back to see Steve was behind her, silently gesturing for Ivanna to go with them. She sighed but nodded, walking away with her friends, her thoughts still lingering on John's words.