CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR || a painful goodbye

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR, a painful goodbye

*・゚:*・゚

STEVE PROCESSED IVANNA'S words, her being there in front of him finally settling while everyone crossed through the portals. He initially had doubts about the blonde actually being Ivanna, but once she spoke: he knew. Steve took a deep breath that he didn't know he needed while the crowd gathered beside one another, Steve holding his broken shield while Ivanna came to stand beside him, her hands glowing and sparking with electricity. She took a look around the group of Avengers, noting how it had most definitely changed in the span of ten years, and then turned back to Steve. The pair exchanged their usual small smiles, and she nodded.

"Avengers!" Steve shouted and summoned Mjölnir, "Assemble."

Thor let out a cry, joining Steve and everyone else in the charge of Thanos and his army. Thanks raised the sword in his hand, sending his army in the direction of the Avengers.

Ivanna kept surveying the land around the Avengers Compound, hoping to see a flash of red hair during the fight. After learning what happened, Ivanna needed reassurance and comfort. And not just from Steve, but from her sister as well. Natasha was nowhere in Ivanna's sight, fueling her further to continue her fight against the opposing side.

The blonde grabbed the wrist of one of the many aliens surrounding the team, gripping it tightly and electrocuting the creature before spinning and throwing it in the direction of another. Her spin gave her enough force to land her fist into the face of an alien, and then kick down on its legs and force it to the ground.

Steve appeared by her side, silently asking if she was okay.

"Cap," Clint's voice came over the comms in pants, "what do you want me to do with this damn thing?"

Ivanna furrowed her brows, looking at Steve curiously as they began fighting once more. Steve sighed and looked around.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!"

"No! We need to get them back where they came from," Bruce argued from wherever he was.

In that moment, Ivanna had plenty of questions, but she knew that there was no time for them. They were running out of tune, they needed to get rid of the stones before Thanos did.

"No way to get them back," Tony countered, "Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel."

"Hold on!" A voice that Ivanna assumed was Scott slang said as Steve took her hands and swung Ivanna around to send her booted foot into multiple faces of aliens, "That wasn't our only time machine."

When the pair separated they heard a song from a vehicle, Steve perking up and running toward some rubble and looking around. Ivanna continued to fight from the lower ground while Steve spoke up once more.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?"

Ivanna's snickers met his ears and he glanced at Ivanna, then turned his attention back to the search for Scott's van.

"Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked!" A woman's voice spoke over the comms and Ivanna began searching for the source.

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Tony questioned.

There was silence while Scott pondered his answer, "Maybe ten minutes."

"Get it started," Steve confirmed while he and Ivanna began moving elsewhere, "We'll get the stones to you."