The News

The next day Chay woke up regretting what news she had to tell Kade, after she got dressed her Mom said, "Chay!!!" , " Yeah mom?! " , " The car won't start so I went ahead and texted Morgan's mother and she and Morgan are going to give you a ride to school!" , " Ok thanks! " , Chay replied. After she was finished getting ready , she headed down stairs , not suprised that her mother was already dressed, her mom always looked nice for work , she was a DayCare director and she always loved the " preppy " look and Chay liked seeing her dress nice, but her mother walked over to her and gave her a peck on the forehead and said, " Have a good day sweetie, I love you " , " I love you too , have a good day as well " , after she was done talking with her mom. She grabbed a blueberry muffin ( her favorite :) ) and she went to her front porch and waited on Morgan. She was like a sister to her, they've known each other since 1st grade they have been friends ever since. Morgan knew she was moving in a couple of months but she was the only friend she has told, and she understood why too, Morgan has always been an understanding sister.

15 minutes later...

" Hey girl, hop in!" , Morgan said as Chay was walking to her car , when she got in the car Morgan's mom said , " Good morning Chay ", " Good morning Mrs. Beason " , " How many times have I told you that makes me feel old, haha " , " Haha" . Morgan' s mom has always been a gentle and funny woman, as Morgan started a conversation , she said, " So did you have any homework last night? " , "Yeah I had to write a secret poem to Kade haha " , " Aww that's so cute! So when are you guys are going to start dating? " , Morgan had always shipped Chay and Kade together since 7th grade , but neither of them said anything about it, and now they were Sophmores in high school. Chay had always seen Kade more than her one of her best friends. " I don't know girl" , " Well I underatand why, but why haven't told him about your feelings him?" , " Simply because I don't want it to happen like, ' well Kade I've liked you since the 7th grade, oh and by the way I'm moving to Nashville ' , " Oooh I get it, you don't want to sweeten him up with good news then .... BAM! the bad news, right? Haha " , "Yeah that's exactly it girl haha ".

When they pulled up to the school, they said there goodbyes, and Morgan and Chay walked inside and Donovan walked with them to class, as they got to Morgan's classroom, Donovan said, " Well have fun Morgan " , " Yeah okay " , she said, " See you guys at lunch? " , " Yep we'll be there " , Chay said.

Before Chay could make it into her class, Donovan grabbed her arm and turned her around and now she was facing him and he said, " Kade told me he didn't want to wait until next period , so he wants you to meet him in the gym, I'll tell Mr. Hamer that you got sick and I walked you to the nurses office, so I' ll see at lunch Chay!".

When Chay made to the gym and walked in, she saw Kade standing in the middle of the gym with roses in one hand and his poem in another hand, Chay knew this couldn't end as easy as she thought it would.

When she walked up to Kade, she was alreay crying, tears of joy and sadness, " Okay Chay I didn't want to make you cry, but you probaly get the gist of this poem, but I worked hard on so heard it goes...

To my sweet Chay,
I know all of this looks overwhelming , but will you please stay?
Ever since we met , I knew right then we were made for each other
I wanted to tell I liked you in a jet
But when the school bell rings
I don't this to be a another summer fling
So will be my girlfriend?

" Sorry the last part didn't rhyme, but-", before he could finish she walked to him and said, " You have no reason to apologize, that was perfect", and she looked at him right in his beautiful green eyes and kissed him, and he kissed her back, and it an old fashioned kiss, but to her it was passionate and special to both of them. As Kade seperated his lips from hers and she didn't really want him he said, " So what am I honored to hear from your book of secrets? " , "Um, okay" , she smiled at him and got the paper out of her pocket and before she read it she said, " Kade um I want to thank you for your poem and I appreciate you so much and I been wanting to tell you this before now and so hear it goes ...

My dearest Kade ,
I want to tell you something I am partly sad about
And I really hope your not mad
But I am moving in a couple of months
And I really hope you don't go nuts-

Chay couldn't even finish reading it because all she could do was cry, and Kade was hugging her and said, " But Chay, you don't have to be sad about moving, we could meet and hang during the weekends" , that just made her cried more , " But I'm m-moving to Nashville" , she said and just put her head on his shoulder and he said , " Oh wow, well we're strong and we can work though this. How far is Nashville anyway? I'm sure it's only within arms reach? Right?" ,he said kinda laughing.

They kissed one more time, and it felt like forever, but Chay knew it was only a few seconds, and Kade said, "Oh I almost forgot , here are these roses I got you" , "But there's only 11 of them" , "Because you're the 12th and you're my 1st love and always will be".