Chapter twenty-four

Peter's POV:

Her eyes told me all of her thoughts. She felt, once again, like it was her fault. Sometimes I really wanna murder her family for what they did to her all those past years.

It hurts to see her like that. But all I can do is give her all my attention and love. She deserves it.

I planted a soft kiss on her forehead and sat down on a log, pulling her on my lap.

"Don't feel sorry. It makes me feel more human to be afraid." I said softly, trying to make her look at me. Her gaze got brighter again and she just leaned on me, letting me hold her until she calmed fully. It is something I actually enjoy. I enjoy being the one and only to calm her. And I will never allow anyone to take what's mine. She's mine.

After what felt like seconds for me, my precious lost boys came back. With them, a well beaten up, Henry.
I chuckled slightly at his bloody face. Then I decided to bring Y/n to my tent to make sure she wouldn't see things she wouldn't like. At the moment she was somewhere in her mind and I wanted her to stay there.

I got up carefully, still holding her in my arms, walking to my tent. As I reached the entrance I felt her move on me. Just when I entered the tent, she raised her head to look around.

"Why are we here?"

"Don't worry, love."

"Huh?" She glanced at me uncertain. In her eyes layed a tired shimmer, giving me an excuse to bring her here in my tent in case she'd ask the wrong questions.

"It is better if you'd stay inside here, darling." I explained and layed her down on my bed. Her hands grabbed my t-shirt, making me almost fall on her.

"Don't leave me!" She whined.

"Giving me orders now, huh?" I wondered, leaning closer to her.

"No! I'm sorry...can you please stay with me?" She asked and for a second I almost fell for her puppy eyes. Then I remembered that I wanted to talk to my dear friend Henry. Hopefully he looked as much forward to this conversation as I do.

"No can do, love. Dream a bit more, I'll be getting you later." I smiled at her and got up from the bed to leave the tent. Just as I got out of it, someone called my name.

"Peter, wait! I don't want to dream, I'll come with you!" She called and followed me outside. I swung around and pushed her back in the tent in fear. As I followed her inside, I saw her laying on the ground, staring at me in a mix between confusion and fear.

Fuck! I screwed up.

"I'm sorry, love! Please don't-" It was too late. Tears were forming in her eyes and I knew the only one to blame was myself. I kneeled down to her and pulled her in a hug. Why did I always had to make her cry?

She sobbed in the material of my t-shirt while I rubbed her back. I slowly lifted her up and we went, once again, to my bed. As I layed down, she cuddled up to me and cried harder.

"I'm sorry!" She said before sobbing again. It broke my heart. How come she still felt guilty. She just wanted to spend time with me after not seeing me the whole day and I pushed her. I should be apologizing...

"No darling. Don't be sorry. I am sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you at all. I'll stay with you, okay?" She nodded but I knew there was something she wanted to know.

Why?

"I was scared."

"Scared?"

"Yeah."

"Because of me?"

"Yes."

"Did I scare you?"

"No. I was scared because I knew you'd be scared if you would go out there."

"Ohh..." She hesitated, probably thinking if she really wanted to know more details. "What is out there?"

...I hated that she wanted to know exactly this.

"Henry." Her heartbeat got faster and I could feel her pulling me even closer to her.

"H-Henry?"

"He's captured by us. But we...improved his appearance a bit. I don't think you want more details." She said nothing. It's not like I expected an answer from her. She just wanted me to be with her and I wouldn't say I didn't enjoy her company. She was the best that ever happened in my life and I would hold her forever if that's what she wants.

Man...

I really got addicted to her.

I know this'll bring many problems. I have a weak spot now...