Chapter ten

Peter's POV:

I showed Y/n the island and we ended up sitting on the cliff she told me about. I knew this cliff and I couldn't lie, it was an amazing place to relax.

"Y/n, love?", I wondered and glanced in her (y/e/c) eyes. Such pretty eyes.

"Hmm?", She hummed and looked at me attentively.

"Can you tell me how you got on the island? Usually nobody gets on the island without me knowing."

Her eyes grew darker and I knew that she definitely didn't like to talk about it. But I needed to know. I needed to know who exactly she was and who I had to protect her from.

"As you know my family is quite wealthy. They never really cared about me and treated me like a slave. One day I just couldn't take it anymore and I jumped from the ship we were on. I thought I could be free then. I-I just forgot the fact that I would die out there in the cold water..." I carefully pulled her closer to me to make her more comfortable.

"Someone rescued me out of the water on his ship. His name was Hook. I thought h-he would help me but-"

"Hook rescued you?", I interrupted her. Hook was my enemy, the one person who got on my nerves all the time. Well, he wasn't much of a problem for me but I still didn't need him on or near my island.

"Y-Yeah! Why do you ask?", She wondered and I could understand her worried look. I might have overreacted with the harsh tone in my voice.

"He's- an old enemy of mine. A pirate who occasionally fights against us for unimportant stuff. But if you say he saved you out there, he might has been on the way to Neverlans which means he wants to come for a visit again.", I combined the facts and looked serious at the ocean as if his ship would appear there any moment.

"Sorry I didn't tell you before then...", Y/n mumbled and looked at her hands.

"You couldn't know, sweetheart. I won't judge about something you didn't know about. Now go on, how did you ended up here?"

"Since I was all wet, as you saw too, he brought me in a room with some kind of bed where I was supposed to sleep. But I felt like something was off. So I went out of the room and tried to find him by following his voice. Well I really wanted to see him because then things would've been easier but my eyes were all swollen and hurted from the salty water...I found out that he had some plan I shouldn't find out about and that they wanted to lock me somewhere on their ship. One of them even wanted t-to...kill me. Well I ended up in the water again because I ran away and fell from their ship. Then I got on the island and met you.", She finished and I stared at her
incredulously. She really went through a lot.

My poor love. Just wait Hook! I'm warned and ready to finish you and her whole family forever.

But for now I had to make sure she wouldn't cry again from all those bad memories.

I lifted her up and set her on my lap.  She was glancing at me uncertain and I was sure to saw her blushing a bit. It was adorable seeing her all flustered. She then leaned her body against me and layed her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her back and closed my eyes.

I knew there was something she wouldn't be happy about. But sooner or later she'd have to face this fear.

To survive on Neverland she would be forced to get into water. I assumed she was scared for now but the sooner I would get her in it, the faster she'd get used to it again. Beside the fact that she would have to bath sooner or later aswell.

There was a high chance that she would hate me if I'd force her into it. But was there another choice? Would she get in the water on her own?

Getting back to reality I noticed that Y/n's breathing was in a typical rhythm. I knew this rhythm. She was asleep. As I slowly leaned her a bit away from me, I could see that I was right.

She layed in my arms and slept. If I remember right, she did this often. Quite untypical for someone who, as she said, hates this kind of affection. But I wouldn't stop her, knowing she needed a lot of sleep to get well soon.

Maybe I should keep her in my arms the whole time because she was definitely the most peaceful when she slept. Then she won't judge over the way I behave and I wouldn't have to worry about her because she was protected by me all the time.