Chapter twelve

Peter's POV:

I was sitting on a rock near a small lake, waiting for Felix and Y/n to arrive. For sure this still wasn't the most painful part for me today. Knowing that my love was around with my most develish lost boy. Anything could happen to her. Yet, I felt like he was the safest choice. I trusted him.

Far away I heard Y/n laughing and only seconds later everything went quiet. God, what did Felix do to her?

Three minutes later Felix and Y/n arrived at the lake I was waiting for them.

"Took you long enough.", I stated and held out for Y/n's to grab my hand. She hesitated, a worried look laying in her eyes. 

"What's with this face of yours?", I got up from my position and raised her chin to make her look at me. She took a short glance at Felix before looking back at me. For some unknown reason she seemed to feel really uncomfortable in this whole moment.

"Did Felix hurt you?". My head turned to Felix who simply rolled his eyes, a slight grin laying on his lips. He didn't hurt her. But he surely did something.

I breathed a sigh of relief as she shook her head. For sure I didn't expect Felix to hurt her but there was still a small part inside me, fearing he might would.

"Do you have a cage on this island?", She asked out of nowhere, scaring the hell out of me. How on earth did she find out- ohh. Felix. Well, I didn't have a clue what Felix told her at all so I had to answer her question in the easiest way possible.

"Yes."

"Ohh, I'm so sorry that I talked to much. Don't lock me in that cage without food or water, please!", She begged and looked like she would cry every moment. Still, I needed a short time to realize what she just said. As I understood, I did hard not to burst out in laughter.

"Love, why would I- why would I ever do that?", I said, cupping her cheeks with my hands. She glanced somewhere on the ground. Her eyes were filled with tears but none of them were falling down. They just remained in her eyes, making them all glassy.

"Okay," I said, putting both my hands on her shoulders and forcing her to lay her focus on me, "listen here. Since you ended up here on Neverland a few days ago, I did all that was possible to make sure you were taken great care of. Even though you tried hard to keep your distance from me and everyone else. Even though he keep on being unbelievable mean. I still gave you the affection and the care you need. So tell me, do you really think I'd put you in a cage and leave you there?"

She was silent. Her glance still focused on the ground. Her fists pressed together.

Suddenly she raised her head, revealing those poor, soft eyes I got to meet a few days ago. They were so sad. So filled with guilt. It made me wish I could just pull her in for a hug and never let her go again. But I couldn't. Not yet.

"Can you answer my question?" I asked. She gulped. Then nodded slowly, almost unnoticeable.

"I don't think you would." She whispered, glancing at me as if she wanted me to shake my head, to tell her she was right. I wouldn't. She'd have to figure our on her own if she wanted to trust me or not.

"Take a look at this sea, love. It's a nice view. I'll just talk to Felix real quick.", I said, glaring at Felix who gave me a rather unemotional look.

I left Y/n at the place where I sat before and pulled Felix after me who probably wished himself on the other side of Neverland at the moment. Not like that would help him anyway.

"Felix. When I told you to bring her to me I didn't mean to scare her to death on your way.", I fumed.

"So go on, tell me what on earth you were thinking back then?" 

"Sorry, Pan. I didn't mean to scare her like that. But she became exasperating.", He started, already making me shake my head in disbelief.

"Felix. Y/n is a girl. Girls tend to be a bit annoying sometimes. I still thought you could handle one, I repeat, one girl."

"I won't disappoint you next time, Pan." Felix responded. I nodded in approval and glanced at him. There was still a little something I had to do. Just to make sure he understood the message.