Chapter 1

Author's Note

Hello everyone!

Thanks for reading my new story. I know I have some of my other stories still in process and I will complete them asap. This new story is different from the Murder Mystery that I've been writing and I hope all you will enjoy. Your comments and feedback mean a lot to me, so don't forget to leave them.

The song doesn't mean anything to the chapter but I listened to this while writing. I hope all of you will enjoy the song as well.

xoxo

****

Throwing my bag on the couch, I slumped on the sofa and sighed. What a long day it was today. I had been gone since 10 a.m. for our rehearsal for convocation that was scheduled to take place tomorrow. After four years of hard work and determination, the day had arrived when I would be graduating from university and starting my professional life. I had so much planned for my future and I just couldn't wait to get hold of my degree and start working on my plans. But there was still twenty-four hours to go before I would be on my own and would do as I please.

Only twenty four hours.

I closed my eyes to relax a little and let the throbbing ache in my temples go away. I hated it.  The university had summoned us at ten a.m. for the final rehearsals of the convocation ceremony that was supposed to take place tomorrow at the Convention Center, Islamabad. Since morning, they have been making us parade over the stage like anyone could make a mistake. All the chatter and the heated weather made my head ache. September was always this hot and this year was no such exception. Finally, after hours of practices, they allowed us to go home. I grabbed Sadaf's hand and dragged her towards the parking lot. I didn't want anything else than to have some ice-cold water and go home. I walked towards my car, and unlocked it.

"Sometimes, Aliza, you show this aggressive side of you that makes me wonder whether I really know you or not." Sadaf complained while a grin covered her face. She always said that whenever I acted aggressive with her, like today. Sadaf and I had grown up together as we were classmates from nursery school. We'd come a long way of knowing each other. As I looked at her over the hood of the car, I couldn't believe what a gem my best friend was. With her straight black hair, which she had dyed into ash color nowadays, she had beautiful almond shaped eyes with the color of midnight. Her lips were a perfect cupid's bow and her slender figure accented her beauty. She was only two inch shorter than me, which would perhaps make her almost five feet seven inches tall.

I grinned at her.

"That's what I'm all about." I said and got inside the car. She opened her door and slid in.

"Yeah right." She rolled her eyes at me. I reversed the car out of the parking and reined it on the road.

"I'm so hungry and thirsty. Today was torture, I swear." Sadaf complained.

"I couldn't agree more." I replied.

We were passing the Fatima Jinnah Park when Sadaf spoke.

"Let's grab something from McDonald's. I think I won't last long if I don't eat something." She made a cute face, which made me laugh. I turned the car towards McDonalds. As we gave our orders, we waited in the Drive-thru as the patron got our food. I turned towards Sadaf.

"Are you staying the night with me?" I asked her.

"No! Not tonight, Aliza. I have to go home because if I don't, my parent's won't make it to the graduation ceremony tomorrow. I'll stay tomorrow night and then we'll party." She replied.