✧Chapter 62 - Robbie Sells Rex

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

I watch Tori clear her throat and tap on the mic, "Good morning

I watch Tori clear her throat and tap on the mic, "Good morning."

"Hey." Everyone answers simultaneously.

We're all gathered in the black box theater from the freshmen to seniors for one of those career talks. It's those talks where we get motivated and explained how to reach those dreams and all else. Chad brought his director for this, Raelynn brought her mentor who's an A-List model, Tori and Jade invited Thornesmith, and there are some other people who I never I'd ever meet any time soon.

I had asked Griffin and he said, he'd only do it if he gets paid; so that's a no. Gustavo just ended up yelling about not having time or needing to deal with the boys. I don't know, I've kinda learned to filter out his screams about the ones that concern me and the ones that don't. The useless rants are then turned into a white noise machine.

"Um, I'd like to introduce our next guest lecturer, my friend," Tori continues with a smile, "the head of Neutronium Records and the producer of both Adoration Musics and the Platinum Music Awards, Mason Thornesmith!" She introduces.

I had to hold myself back from scoffing loudly. But I only have so much self-control, so I settle for an eye-roll. I grumble under my breath as he walks up to the front with that smug smirk. Everyone claps for him but I just do a slow-clap. Teachers will think nothing of it, but he'll know.

The sound of his phone ringing cuts us off and he pulls it out of his pocket, "Oh, sorry darling, got to take this." He tells Tori, walking to the side, "Yeah, what is it?"

"Got to take this." I mimic his voice mockingly, earning a quick look of warning from Sikowitz.

"Uh, Mason's gonna be teaching us about how much fun and exciting the music business can be." Tori tries to fill in the awkward silence, "And hopefully, he'll-"

"What?!" Mason's loud voice stops her, "No, you tell him he better be in that recording session, or I'll have his fat head on a fork!"

"Fun and exciting indeed." Trey comments lowly, nodding slowly.

"Where's- Oh, Max, it's you. Yes, guess what?" Mason says with fake niceness, "You're fired! Now run home and tell your pregnant wife." His sentence made some people gasp rather loudly and cover their mouths.

"I love that man." Jade on the other hand, chuckles in amusement.

"He's sweet." André adds sarcastically.

"Hello, kids!" Mason goes back to being cheery as he talks into the microphone.

"So Mason," Tori forces a smile on her face and turns to him, "what advice do you have for the students here at Hollywood Arts, who are trying to break into the music business?"

"Well, I'd say, ya know, um... If you work hard, stay focused- Eh, who are we kidding?" He scoffs at himself, "Prepare for your dreams to be crushed." He says sternly.