✧Chapter 11 - Survival of the Hottest

~Thalia's P.O.V~

"My fro-yo's all melted

"My fro-yo's all melted." I complain, showing the cup to Cat as we walk to the Asphalt Café.

"Tell me about it." Jade grumbles, throwing her cup into the trash.

"Mine too. But now it's like drinking soup." She giggles, waving the cup at me, "It's cold soup!" She gasps before skipping towards Tori, Beck, and Robbie.

"My coffee is bland now." Ana grimaces, looking at her coffee cup where all the ice is gone already.

"Hi! I'm really hot, but I'm still in a good mood." Cat says as she sits next to Robbie, moving the pear pad away.

"Hey." I give them a nod, looking for a place to sit. I see that the only place is beside Tori or Beck. Seeing as I am too lazy and hot to walk over to Tori, I just flop down besides Beck.

"Hi." He gives me a small smile and I return it, awkwardly.

Okay, maybe things have been a little awkward between us after the break-up. I mean it's not like I want it to be awkward, it's just.... I don't know. Old habits die hard, there were times where I'd want to just call him or go over to his place for no reason, but can't cause I don't want things to get weird and there were also times where he'd unconsciously put his arm around me and then dropping it after a while and afterwards we'd just chuckle nervously and not talk about it.

What the hell is wrong with us? I hate this.

"Where were you guys?" Tori asks us, snapping me out of my daze.

"Fro-yo down the street." Ana answers shortly, sitting at Robbie's other side.

"Robbie. You done with that water?" Jade asks, putting her bag down as she sits between Tori and Beck.

"No!" Robbie exclaims, snatching his water from the table.

"Give it to me." Jade demands, glaring at him.

"All right." He sighs, handing the bottle to her.

"Don't be mean to him." Ana mumbles out.

Jade drinks the water and Tori looks at her. Tori gets closer to Jade's forehead.

"What?" Jade asks Tori weirdly as Tori starts touching her.

"You're not sweating!" Tori declares.

"Uh-huh?" Jade says and Tori starts feeling Jade's face, neck, and arms. "Having fun there?"  She asks Tori, annoyed.

"How can you not be sweating?" Tori exasperates at her, pushing her hair that are sticking because of the sweat, away from her forehead.

"I don't sweat." Jade answers her.

"Everyone sweats." Tori replies to her.

"Except Jade." Ana tells Tori.

"Not Jade." Beck points out.