✧Chapter 32 - Helen Back Again

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

"Do you want to go to the arcade after school? Or Pacific Park?" I hear Cat suggest to me

"Our treat." André adds.

I look up at them with my chin resting on my arms, not bothering to lift up my head. "Drown my sorrows in pretzels, popcorn, and ice cream?" I mumble out, thinking about it, "Sure." I send them a weak nod, sitting up with a loud sigh, only to prop my chin on my palm again.

The record label that was supposed to be "my last hope" had turned me down. Apparently I was still sixteen, which means limited work time and I was also not home-schooled. They wanted young stars that are home-schooled so they'll at least be able to focus most of their time to their songs.

I was supposed to have two more auditions. But Adoration Musics is a bitch.

Somehow, they found out that the director of the play advised everyone to choose Adoration Musics as the last option. And since they are actually lacking any talent right now, that offended them by a lot. So they've been going around telling other agencies and record labels about things, like, how the director is unprofessional, or how the actor/actresses are too childish. Or I even heard a rumor that they just went straight to threatening if any of us gets hired since they are still pretty powerful in the entertainment industry.

Everyone's been having a hard time because of them, not just me. The producer and director are dealing with some rumors they are getting; Levi, Jules, Nick, Sarah, and Gabriel are all in the same position as me, getting rejected here and there. Wyatt and Raelynn are lucky to have got signed, although for different things. Wyatt managed to sign with a small, recently started talent agency and Raelynn got signed for modeling.

How the hell did I not know that this will be such a mess?

"I'm really sorry, Lia." Ana frowns at me, moving her hand up and down on my back comfortingly.

"Yeah." Beck sighs, patting my arm, "But don't worry, things will get better."

"No, no. I don't wanna hear that "things will get better" bull right now. It's way too soon, let's just talk shit about things." I shake my head at him.

"I can do that." Jade chimes in, "AM is basically a whiny, little bitch." She insults casually, eating her salad.

"And the others are all cowards." Trey adds, pointing at me with a raised eyebrow.

I let out a small chuckle and nod at them, "Yeah, that definitely helps. Thanks."

"Hello! Your attention, please." Sikowitz yells into the mic from the balcony, stopping our conversation and getting our attention, "Up here. I'm waving." He continues to talk into the mic and wave his hand in the air. Some of the students continue to talk to each other, not paying him any attention, "See my hand moving to and fro?! Please." He looks down at us in annoyance.