✧Chapter 44 - April Fools Blank

~Thalia's P.O.V.~

Drawing on the eyeliner, I let out an annoyed groan when I spot a crooked line at the edge

Drawing on the eyeliner, I let out an annoyed groan when I spot a crooked line at the edge. I give up. I don't care, this is the fourth time I've wiped and redid it. At this point, I'm just gonna give up. I decided to just make the sidelines a little thicker before walking out of the bathroom. Tossing the eyeliner into my bag and snatching my leather jacket, I take one last look in the full length mirror.

My plaid skirt pairs perfectly with the black tank. The choker just to accessorize a bit while the jacket and the heels toped it off. My hair is styled in curls and tied half-up. I contemplated in using a rose pin but opted for bobby pins instead.

Smiling satisfactorily at my reflection, I grab my bag from the chair and walk out the door, closing it behind me. But not before taking the plastic raincoat from one of my drawers and putting it on as I make my way down the stairs.

I reach the bottom of the stairs to see Trina, Tori, Dad, and Mom huddled around the kitchen island, their backs turned to me. They were harshly whispering with each other and fighting over something.

"No, it's there." "Put it right beside." "It won't work." "Seriously?" I hear them bickering louder, the closer I get.

Stopping behind them, I get on my tip-toes to look at the table from over their shoulders. Since dad is way taller than me and standing right at the front, I can't see anything. Although I have a pretty good idea.

"Morning." I say out loud, startling them. The four of them let out a loud scream and turn around quickly. I give them a small wave and snicker at their reaction, "April fools day."

"There's the birthday girl!" Dad was the first one to snap out of it and exclaims. He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

"Happy 17th birthday, Ella." "Happy birthday, L." "Happy birthday, Thalia." Trina, Tori, and mom follow along, each giving me a hug.

"Thanks, guys." I chuckle, hugging them back.

"Now, make a wish and blow out your candles." Mom cheers happily at me, pointing at the candles.

I shake my head and let out a laugh, "Okay, okay."

I look down at the cake and the two numbered candles stabbed at the side. Well, it's not exactly a cake, it's more of a cheesecake pie. The top is completely covered with blueberry jam and decorated with flower-shaped buttercream. The candles are glittered-purple with polka dots.

Looking around at everyone, I try to think of something to wish for. I doubt I can come up with anything. I mean, things have changed a lot in just a year.

I got a part in an amazing play by Sofia Michelle, I'm signed at Rocque Records, which means being in the progress of making my first album, and things are going great with my parents, probably better than ever. What more would I wish for?