Part 15: Uncle's mistake

Chapter 8

Lin Feng was so angry his teeth were chattering.

He had already lowered himself and begged so humbly, and this was the attitude Jiang Ning was giving him?

He had already provided a way out for them and they didn't know how to take it!

"You...Just you wait!"

Lin Feng shouted this then made a run for it, afraid that Jiang Ning might go crazy and hit him again.

Sumei exchanged glances at Lin Wen, then they both looked at Lin Yuzhen.

"Are we making too much of a fuss?"

Lin Feng's last words before leaving were a threat.

Lin Yuzhen couldn't help but feel a little worried.

She knew all too well what sort of people Lin Qiang and his son were.

He had never looked at Lin Wen as his own younger brother, so naturally, he didn't treat Lin Wen's family as relatives.

If they upset him, this man was capable of doing anything.

"Not at all."

Jiang Ning calmly cut in. "He told us to wait, so we'll wait."

With that, Jiang Ning started clearing the dishes. Sumei rushed over to do it instead when she saw him start clearing.

"Come come, I'll do it."

This son-in-law had quite the temper.

She didn't realize it before, but now it was clear that Jiang Ning was going to protect their family and stop Lin Qiang and his son from bullying them.

Was this really a homeless person?

"It's been hard on you, Mum," Jiang Ning smiled as he said this.

He was really quick to fit into the role.

Lin Wen was still feeling uneasy but he didn't know what to say. He wasn't the one with the final say in this family anyway.

So he could only hide in his room again and timidly closed the door firmly behind him.

"Now you've really offended them."

Lin Yuzhen sighed.

It was already not bad that Lin Feng had come to apologize. She'd never seen Lin Feng humble himself before.

She was still thinking that she should just let it go before it blows up so that it wouldn't increase the tension within the family.

But Jiang Ning didn't seem to care for any of this and insisted that Lin Qiang come personally to apologize.

How was this even possible?

That mean, selfish and prideful uncle of hers was never going to humbly apologize to them.

"You're wrong."

Jiang Ning's eyes were clean and clear. "They are the ones who have offended me."

"I've said it before. I will not let anybody bully you."

That look in his eyes sent Lin Yuzhen into a panic.

......

One hour passed.

Sumei had finished washing the dishes. When she saw that Jiang Ning had gone to bathe, she quickly ran into Lin Yuzhen's room.

"Mum?"

"Yuzhen, who is Jiang Ning?"

Sumei whispered, "Somehow I feel he treats you differently."

Lin Yuzhen blushed.

"What are you talking about, we don't know each other at all."

She bit her lips. From the first time she saw Jiang Ning, he had constantly protected her and her family from being bullied by Lin Qiang and his son.

"You're going to let him sleep here tonight?"

Sumei was worried about this.

Jiang Ning was Lin Yuzhen's husband on paper, but they weren't willing to accept this just yet.

"He has mental illness!"

She was afraid Jiang Ning might hurt Lin Yuzhen.

Lin Yuzhen hesitated for a while, then she thought of that clean and clear look in Jiang Ning's eyes.

"He won't hurt me."

Kacha...

The bathroom door opened and Sumei quickly made her way out, mouthing to her daughter: There's an iron bat in my room, just shout if anything happens!

Lin Yuzhen's face was red and her heart was pounding very loudly.

Was she going to let Jiang Ning sleep in her room?

BOM BOM BOM!

Someone was banging on the main door again.

Lin Wen was like a frightened cat, all his hair standing on end.

Sumei's face was equally pale.

He was here!

Lin Qiang was here!

Given his temperament, there was no way he was going to tolerate this!