Part 17: Welcome back Yuzhen

Chapter 9

It was late at night.

It was time to sleep, but Lin Yuzhen couldn't sleep at all.

She was very nervous.

Even though she felt that there were more good people than bad ones in the world, she had only known Jiang Ning for one day.

Besides, the information they had said that Jiang Ning had some mental illness, so what was she going to do if he suddenly went out of control?

Jiang Ning was lying on the floor and he could sense the anxiety in Lin Yuzhen's breathing.

"You don't have to put a pair of scissors under your pillow," Jiang Ning suddenly spoke. "Don't worry and just sleep. Goodnight."

Jiang Ning then closed his eyes first.

Lin Yuzhen's heart dropped and she took her hand out from under the pillow.

She bit her lip gently. How did Jiang Ning know she had put a pair of scissors there?

"He won't hurt me."

For some reason, Lin Yuzhen was more and more confident about this.

So she relaxed, closed her eyes, and fell asleep.

The night passed uneventfully.

Lin Yuzhen woke up the next day, and she had slept pretty ok. Jiang Ning was already eating breakfast when she walked out of the room.

Instead, it was Sumei who had bloodshot eyes. She hadn't slept well.

"Quickly come and eat breakfast, Mum woke up super early to prepare it."

Jiang Ning helped himself around here.

When she saw Lin Yuzhen head for the bathroom, Sumei quickly ran in after her.

"Last night, did he..."

"Nothing happened, Mum."

Lin Yuzhen blushed. "He slept on the floor, didn't touch me."

After saying that, Lin Yuzhen found herself thinking in a different direction.

Should she praise Jiang Ning for being gentlemanly, or that she wasn't charming enough?

That wasn't possible - she had been the prettiest girl around since she was young. If she burnt all the love letters she received, the fire could cook a whole pot of porridge.

Sumei was relieved to hear this.

She was secretly hoping to wait for a good time to separate Lin Yuzhen and Jiang Ning, so they could live separate lives.

"Come on, I'll send you to work."

Once he was done with breakfast, Jiang Ning wanted to send Lin Yuzhen to work.

"No need, I'll go by myself."

Lin Yuzhen advised him, "You'd better stay at home, it's dangerous outside."

What if Lin Feng secretly attacks Jiang Ning?

"Don't worry, they wouldn't dare."

Jiang Ning frowned as he saw Lin Yuzhen push her electric scooter out.

A scooter huh.

She was the granddaughter of the Lins, but her standard of living was quite poor.

"Thanks then."

Lin Yuzhen felt bad to reject him, so she let Jiang Ning ride the scooter while she hid behind his back. At least this way she didn't have to endure the cold wind on her face.

Somehow this feeling was a little different.

At the Lin Group Headquarters Main Entrance.

More than a hundred employees were standing at the main door waiting to receive Lin Yuzhen.

But you could see anger and displeasure written on everybody's faces.

They only got the notice at around 1 or 2 am the night before that they had to be in the office an hour earlier to receive Lin Yuzhen.

And why should they do this anyway?

Especially after they had heard some gossip about Lin Yuzhen sleeping with the infamous CEO Huang, and was purposely showing off to Lin Group!

Never mind that the company could face tremendous losses, she even decided willfully that she wouldn't go to work since she didn't want to.

Even the CEO Lin Qiang, her uncle, had to beg her to come back to work!

This was going overboard!

How could there be such a person?

The anger among the employees was enough to reach the sky.

Lin Qiang stood right in front and could feel the anger from the employees. This was exactly the effect he wanted.

He didn't believe Lin Yuzhen could still stay in Lin Group after ruffling all her colleagues' feathers!

Once she had signed the contract, she would leave quietly.

"Have you called CEO Huang?" Lin Qiang asked.

"I did. When I said Lin Yuzhen would be here, he said he'd drop by personally."

Lin Feng was filled with jealousy.