chapter twenty-three. the turn

"Hey, you." Lydia said to me as I entered her hospital room, a bouquet of red roses in my hand. I smiled as I made my way to her bedside. She was wearing a surprised grin as I handed her the flowers, the redhead bringing them to her nose to smell them.

She had been in the hospital for a couple days but it was the first time I was able to come see her. Ms. Martin said that she wasn't really up for visitors and frankly, I didn't think I was ready to talk to her. I didn't think she would ask me if I saw who attacked her. I didn't even know if she remembered but I figured she didn't. I hated lying to her. I hated that I couldn't tell her what actually attacked her. Who attacked her.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I sat down at her bedside, the girl rubbing her eyes as she set her flowers down next to her. She looked like she had just woken up even though it was about 8 o'clock at night.

She exhaled, "Not great. But I'm getting better though. Thank you for the flowers, I missed you." She admitted before she placed her hand on mine.

I chuckled as I felt my face get hot. "I missed you too. I'm sorry I didn't get to come earlier." I said. I still wasn't used to this. It was so new. I mean, she wasn't even my girlfriend, like officially.

"It's okay it's just so boring in here, I feel like I'm going insane." She complained. I laughed as she threw her hands up in the air.

"Don't you go home tomorrow?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah but that doesn't mean these past few days haven't sucked." I nodded as I looked at her sympathetically. "Do they know who did it?" She wondered, causing me to look away momentarily.

I shook my head, "Uh, no. They don't." I half-lied. They, the police, didn't know who did it but I did. "But - Stiles' Dad is working really hard. And as soon as he finds that lunatic, it's gonna be over for him if I have anything to say about it." I threatened jokingly, earning a giggle from Lydia.

She rose her eyebrows in amusement, trying to hide the smile that was growing on her face, "Oh, yeah? And what are you gonna do?"

My eyes widened, "Are you kidding? I can't tell you! Just know whoever it is, is gonna die painfully and slowly at the hands of me."

She rolled her eyes as she smiled, "Yeah, yeah, whatever, come here." She said as she rested her hands on my neck, pulling me in before she kissed me. I exhaled in relief as she took my top lip in between hers, her signature citrus scent filling my nostrils.

I literally saw fireworks behind my eyes. I felt like my stomach had a stampede running throughout it. I felt like I had descended and now I was in the clouds.

I had no reference of what a good kisser was supposed to feel like but I knew that Lydia had to be one of those.

I opened my eyes as she pulled away, seeing a grin on the girl's face. I was unable to contain my smile as I chuckled, looking down my hands. "You are so cute, look at your face." She told me, causing my eyebrows to rise.

"What do you mean?"

"Every time we kiss you get the goofiest grin on your face, it's so cute." She commented, causing me to laugh. I rubbed my thumb against the back of her hand as she looked at me.

"Your Dad's out there waiting." I brought up, just in case she wanted to talk to him. I knew her parents were divorced and that she lived with her mom so I figured she wasn't as close with her Dad. She never really talked about him.