chapter sixteen. jealousy, jealousy

"Faster?" Scott asked as he sped around a curb in Derek's sports car. So Derek was alive. We were helping him get away from hunters, specifically Allison's family, and the cops right now since everyone was convinced he was the one who committed all the murders thanks to Scott. He was running on foot while we were leading them away from him while driving his car.

It had been about a day since the full moon. Derek was the one who ended up finding Scott and taking him home after he broke out of his handcuffs. He also mentioned something to Scott. Something about a cure. Apparently, you had to kill the one that bit you. So, Scott had to kill the Alpha.

"A lot faster." I demanded as I sat in the back seat, looking at the car gaining on us in the rear window.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles commented, glancing over at him in the drivers seat.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott warned.

"Well if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles exclaimed. Scott's face scrunched up before he switched gears, flooring it. He went as fast as he could, finally losing the car behind us.

"They're gone." I informed, wondering why they just stopped following us.

We pulled over to pick up Derek, the man diving into the back seat before slamming the door shut. "What part of laying low don't you understand?" Stiles asked.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek groaned.

"Who, the Alpha?" I said with wide eyes.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -" Stiles defended.

Derek scoffed, "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott acknowledged.

"Yeah, a lot of dumbass mistakes." I said as I glared at my brother. The boy sighed as he continued to drive. I wasn't mad at him anymore. I was still sad. Very, very sad. But he had apologized, I was getting over it. I definitely wasn't gonna let him live it down for a while though. "How did you find him?" I asked as I turned back to Derek.

The man sighed, "Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

Stiles looked at him in disgust, "Our chemistry teacher?"

"Why him?" Scott inquired.

Derek shrugged, "I don't know yet."

"What's the second?"

"Some kind of symbol." Derek said, pulling out a piece of paper that had a drawing on it. It looked like a pendant with a dog or something with the sun at the top of it. Scott glanced at him, a knowing look in his eyes before he turned his head back to the road. Derek quirked an eyebrow, "What? You know what this is?"

Scott bit his lip nervously, "I've seen it... on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

>

I walked alongside Scott and Stiles in the hallway, the three of us conversing about how we were gonna get the necklace. To be honest, it was a really ugly necklace. I had seen her wear it a few times before but I never said anything because I didn't like to be criticized for my fashion choices either. I'm sure she only wore it because her aunt gave it to her for her 17th birthday.

It was kind of nice for the three of us to be on good terms again. I mean, individually, me and Scott were a mess. He was depressed about Allison and I was depressed about him kissing Lydia and about Lydia not liking me. But like I said, we were getting over that.