chapter four. kick in the balls

I watched as Scott and Stiles walked up to the mound of dirt on the side of Derek's house. I decided to wait in Stiles' Jeep because I did not feel like getting all dirty and sweaty from digging up that body. It was gross and definitely terrifying. Also, the two of them could handle it just fine, they clearly didn't need me. They also didn't have another shovel.

After they dug for a couple minutes, I whipped out my phone to check my messages. I had one missed call from my mom and a text from Allison. My mom was probably wondering where Scott and I were. I felt bad that I had to lie to her so much now. I knew it was gonna create a rift between all of us soon enough. I sighed before I opened the text from Allison.

Hey, coming to the game tomorrow? I know Lydia said she would ask you but I didn't think she got a chance to.

yeah, actually she did.
not totally sure how I feel about her invitation
seems like she doesn't want me there lmao

Huh?
It was her idea to invite you in the first place.

what?
she said you asked her to ask me.

Uh, no...
She definitely was the one to bring it up, I just told her she should.

oh that's weird...
well I will be there!

Sounds good!

I exhaled before I put my phone in my back pocket. I didn't have time to think about who was lying and why they were lying. I figured it was Lydia but then again, I wasn't a human lie detector. Scott and Stiles were taking way too long and I was afraid that Derek would come back. I hopped out of Stiles' Jeep, the sound of my vans hitting the gravel startling the two boys. "You guys are taking way too long." I warned as I approached them.

"I don't see you helping." My brother commented.

I scoffed, "Well god forbid I assume that the two of you could do anything without me, like digging up this little ass hole."

"Just keep going." Stiles commanded as he rolled his eyes.

"What if he comes back?" I proposed a scenario.

"Then we get the hell out of here." Stiles answered, starting to dig faster.

"What if he catches us?" Scott asked, fear evident in his voice.

"I have a plan for that."

"Which is?"

Stiles shrugged, "You run one way, Devin and I run the other, whoever he catches first, too bad."

"He would definitely catch us first, Scott's a werewolf!" I exclaimed.

Scott nodded, "Dev's right, I hate that plan."

Stiles didn't get to respond before his shovel hit a very firm piece of dirt. "Oh, stop, stop, stop." He held his hand out in front of Scott's chest. They jumped down into the hole, trying to push all of the dirt off of whatever was under there.

I couldn't do this. I didn't even wanna look.

It was just a big ass cloth covering something tied in a knot. I watched as Stiles tried to untie the large knot, glancing behind us just in case Derek had come back. "Hurry." I whispered.