chapter five. questions

I walked into school alongside Scott and Stiles. Things were going quite smoothly the past couples days. It almost starting to feel normal again. I was starting to feel a bit more happy than usual. Generally, I wasn't excited to go to school and I still wasn't but I don't know, I didn't seem to mind it all that much these days. I thought Scott was doing good too until he started telling us about a dream that he had last night. "So you killed her?" I asked in fear. God, please don't tell me my brother is a murderer. Especially not one of those psycho guys who murders their own girlfriend. He had a dream, that might not have been a dream, that he was with Allison and basically ended up killing her. I know he literally couldn't control it but I just couldn't believe he would do something like that. Underneath all that rage when he became a werewolf, he was still human. I had to believe that something inside him would've stopped him from doing that even if he was with Allison last night. I knew my brother was still in there even when he did change.

Scott shook his head as the three of us entered the school hallway, "I don't know. I just woke up. And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before."

"Really? I have. Usually ends a little differently." Stiles shrugged.

I wanted to gag. I can't believe Stiles just told us that he has wet dreams. I realize that most teenagers have them but I just didn't have to think about Stiles having one before now. Now that was gonna be in my head all day.

My brother rolled his eyes, "A, I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real, and B, never give me that much detail about you in bed again."

Stiles nodded, "Noted."

"Let me take a guess here -" I suggested.

Scott shook his head, "No, I know, you think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out."

I glanced at Stiles, "No, of course not." Stiles shot me a look. "Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're doing a really good job with all of this." Stiles and I saw him kiss Allison in the locker room after the game last weekend. He said he was able to control it. That he started to change but when he heard her voice, it was like he was able to pull it back, make the human side stay. So he was starting to get it. I could tell he didn't exactly know what it was, but he was getting there.

Stiles nodded, shrugging his backpack onto his shoulder. "Yeah, you know, it's not like there's a - lycanthropy for beginners class you can take."

Scott licked his lips in thought, "Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher."

Stiles' eyes widened, "Who, Derek?" Stiles assumed, slapping the back of my brother's head. "You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?"

Scott sighed, "Yeah, I know, but chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real..."

I quirked an eyebrow, "How real?"

The dark-haired boy looked at me, a certain look of fear in his eyes. "Like it actually happened."

I swallowed thickly as I silently hoped that Scott didn't actually murder Allison last night. The three of us exited out the back doors to the school to see photographers taking pictures of a school bus smothered in blood with the emergency door hanging off of the hinges.

"I think it did." Stiles said, his lips parted in surprise.

I felt my heart beat faster as I watched Scott start to hyperventilate. "She's probably fine." I tried. I didn't even believe that. I knew Scott wasn't convinced by my attempt either.