Chapter 38- Perspectives

December 11th, 2013:

We were backstage at our first fan sign of our three-day trip around the country. When the group had gotten back to Korea on the 8th, we had gone straight from the airport to Yoongi's hospital. He had just finished his surgery and was doing well. He was understandably tired, but otherwise not too beaten up considering what he had gone through. Seeing him in one piece, smiling, lifted stress from my shoulders I didn't even realise I was holding and let me relax some more.

I had also been checked out at the hospital and my kicking of the machine had made it that my toe had a slight fracture. I could still perform, but it would be painful. I sat whenever possible and when I walked, I would waddle, trying not to put pressure on my foot since there was nothing that doctors could do other than tell me to take painkillers.

Yoongi was with us for this fan sign tour, but he wasn't doing any dancing and the group, as well as staff, were being extra careful with him. It drove him insane, he hated being treated like a baby, so, as the annoying maknae I was, I did it to the extreme.

Sejin had just offered him water which he had turned down and I took this opportunity to continue to baby him.

"Are you sure oppa? Water is necessary for you to get better. Staying hydrated is important," I coo.

"Will you stop it. Water is necessary for everyone, and I've already had like 2 full bottles today," he retorts glaring at me.

I had been at this all morning, and he was fed up with me now.

"Ok, ok," I laugh, "I'll stop... but are you sure you don't need anything. A cushion? Advil? A lovely protein bar?" I ask smirking.

"Stop it!" he shouts, laughing slightly himself, however.

I laugh and carefully pat his shoulder getting up to throw away the wrapper of the bar I had just offered him.

Jimin had been staring at our interaction and followed me with his eyes as I waddled to the trash can. We hadn't really talked about our shouting match in the elevator and the tension between us was palpable. We were civil with each other during practice and when we ate, but neither of us wanted to be the first to apologise. We had both been in the wrong and I even acknowledged to myself that I was probably more in the wrong than he was, but I didn't want to admit that. The group had been confused at Jimin and I's coldness, especially since we usually got along really well, but Namjoon had told them we argued and to let us figure it out. I don't think he expected us to be this petty for so long and was probably regretting his decision to wait for us to take the first steps in being bigger people.

I get that Jimin was looking out for me, but there's only so much prying a girl can take and I was still a little upset at what I thought was a valid argument about the fact that the boys rarely shared their struggles, but always pushed me to speak. I couldn't be the only that benefitted from talking. I secretly thought that they thought I was weaker, more fragile than they were and that they had to always check I wasn't too cracked. Like one of the boys could also be just as cracked, just because my emotions were more easily noticeable didn't mean I suffered more than the rest.

The room had gone silent after I had stopped annoying Yoongi and Jungkook had decided to stand up and dance around gesturing as if he was cutting the air with a sword. After seeing what Jungkook was doing, Taehyung had joined in.