Chapter 28- Presents

Underlined + Italycised = French

October 25th, 2013:

We were wrapping up our practice and we were all packing up to go to our dorms. I look at my phone and notice a text from my dad.

Papa: Didn't think I forgot did you ;). Happy Birthday, I'm incredibly proud of you and I'm so glad you're happy in Korea. Your mom would be even prouder. Love you <3

Papa: Check your bank account. Just a little something to treat yourself with :)

I smile and go check my bank account. He had deposited $50. That would definitely allow me to treat myself. I might get myself some new leggings or nicer makeup.

The boys hadn't said anything about my birthday, but I wasn't all that surprised. When I was a kid, I always had school on my birthday and it being so close to Halloween, my family never really made it a really big thing. I also didn't mention it to the boys, so it was only natural they weren't aware.

"Why don't you stop by our dorm again to get some food?" Jungkook suggests.

"Sure, what do you guys have?" I ask.

"Uh, I'm not sure... popcorn? Kimchi?" Jungkook says making me laugh.

"Now that's a combo I'm not sure I want to try," I laugh.

"We can make some ramen. Don't worry we have actual food," chuckles Seokjin.

As we wait for the bus stop, I can't help but feel like the entire group was on edge, constantly looking over our shoulders for something to be out of place. Despite our restlessness, we make it safely to their apartment.

"Ok wait, wait. Y/N. Uh... I have to talk to you," Jimin says awkwardly.

"Um, out here? Ok..." I reply unsure of what he was up to.

I meet Jimin a little farther down the hall and wait for him to speak. Instead, he just awkwardly looks around a little lost.

"Yes? You had something to tell me?" I ask.

"Uh, yes... do you... what do you think of mint ice cream?" he blurts out randomly.

"Mint ice cream? What the heck Jimin-oppa... what is this?" I say so confused.

"Well, do you like it? Whose team are you on? This is very important for our friendship," he pushes.

"I... I guess I don't mind it? If there are other options I'd probably choose something else, but I'll eat it if it's like a group thing or one of a few options..." I answer unsure if I passed his friendship test.

"Oof. I guess it's better than you loving it," he says, looking around once again.