Chapter 11

Vic walks in the room to see the huge smile on my face. I walk up to him and embrace him, "You are the best dad ever, Vic."

 "I know," he smirks, while still hugging me.

  I pull away from my hug with Vic. "Why am I hugging you?" I walk over to Andy's open arms and let him pull me towards him. His tall and bony frame is magical. The smell of his cologne fills my nose. It smells of many spices and it fits him perfectly. He is dressed in a white tank top and leather jeans. Shocker. 

 Vic's phone rings and he walks off to answer it. Andy and I take a seat on the couch, and make small talk. "You and CC are my spirit animals." CC, or Christian Coma, was the drummer for Black Veil Brides. He was so funny and I practically loved him. We sit for a few more moments until Andy's phone rings. He picks it up and the screen says 'CC.' I spaz a little and ask Andy if that is Christian Coma. He nods his head before answering the phone.

 I listen in on their conversation. "Hey man," CC says.

 "Um hello," Andy replies.

 "You want to go to a bar or something?"

  "Can't. I'm busy."

 "But dude. I'm so fucking bored."

 "I have an idea of what you can do. I'll text you directions." 

  ——————————— 

 The doorbell rings and I hop up and answer the door. "Um, maybe I have the wrong address," A confused CC says.  

 "No you don't," Andy appears behind me. "CC, this is Tanner. It's her birthday."

 "Hey, I'm CC."

 I know. "Nice to meet you CC."

 Andy explains who my dad is and just how I really wanted to meet them. CC forms into his usual funny self. While he is telling a story my phone goes off so I pick it up and see a Twitter notification. I unlock my phone and I see a tweet from a uses I was unfamiliar with. 

 Happy birthday bitch.

 The tweet contained pictures and links to some videos. I click on the picture and the image I see floods back from my most repressed memories. There are pictures and videos of my foster brother rapping me. I immediately start sobbing and CC and Andy both look at me. My hands stay locked on my phone as CC pulls me into a hug. He pulls my phone from my hands, with his arms still around me. He lets out a gasp and passes the phone to Andy, hoping he'd know what to do. I sob into his firm chest with my arms around him. Andy shouts for Vic. Vic storms in and looks at me sobbing. "What the hell did you do Andy?"  Vic shouts. Andy passes the phone to Vic. I stand up, feeling numb, and walk to the bathroom. I grab my razor and several bottles of pills.

  I walk into my room and empty the contents of the pill bottles into my mouth. I down the small spherical pills, with the help of some water. "I hate you. You're such a slut," I say out loud. I take my razor, in my right hand, and bring it to my left arm. My hand shakes as I drive it deep into my flesh. I look down at the long horizontal cut. It cut through my fat, so deep I could me my muscle.

  "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you," I keep telling myself as I make equally deep cuts across my arm. I continue sobbing. 

  My door opens, "What the hell Tanner!" CC says, seeing me in my state of hell. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!" I scream to myself.

 "G-Give me that razor," CC says, still in my door frame, obviously in horror by the look of my arm.

 "Agh!" I throw the empty pill bottles at the wall.

 "Vic, get in here!"

 "I hate you. I hate you. I hate me," I sob.

 Vic runs into the room and looks at me. Vic also notices the empty pill bottles and drags me into the bathroom. I kick and scream. "No! No! Let me die!" I scream. "Let me go Vic!"

  CC directs Andy to call 911. Vic throws me next to the toilet and shoves two fingers down my throat. CC moves to my side and tends to my cuts. I hiss as he puts a wet cloth on my exposed flesh. Vic pushes his fingers deeper. I gag and sputter till I throw up. He keeps up the act and makes me puke some more.

 My senses start to overwork. The putrid smell of my own vomit fills my nose and the yellowish color of it surrounds my eyes. The taste is bitter and only causes me to choke some more. My fingertips feel numb, only because I don't want to feel. I want to be dead. I hear Andy's frantic voice as he talks to the police, CC admits sad sniffles every few seconds, and my own sobs fill my ears with a loud sharpness. Vic's sweet voice fills my ears and it brings me back. He whispers a chorus of I love you's into my ears. The sound fades into a muted noise in the background of my mind. 

 A bright light fills eyes. Maybe I'm dead. 

 If so, they were wrong. Death isn't quiet and peaceful. It's loud and chaotic.

  I blink my eyes a few times so I can adjust to the light. I am sitting on a bed in a white room. A tight pressure squeezes my right arm. I tilt my head over to see a blood pressure machine attached to me. I also see a needle sticking out of my arm. An IV. I look around the white room, clearly disoriented, and see a few doctors standing around in white lab coats and scrubs. A few carry around official looking clipboards, as they flip through the pieces of paper attached to it. I remember the actions of the last moments I was conscious and look at my left arm. Stitches keep my damaged skin closed up. I sit up and look at the doctors. They all continue with their work. The only sounds are the sounds of their shoes scuffling on the tile floor and my heart monitor beeping every few seconds. I clear my throat, hoping I can get their attention. They stay doing their work. "Hey!" I say a bit louder. A few doctor's heads dart up to my direction. "What the hell is going on here?" I ask. Their heads shift downwards, ignoring me.

 The door flings in and Vic runs over to me. "Awe baby."

 "Dad," I smile at him as my eyes fill with tears.

 He smiles but it doesn't quite reach his eyes."

 W-What's wrong Dad?"

 "You have to go," his eyes turn glassy.

 "Not back to the foster home?" I cry.

 "No," he sniffles. "You have to go to another hospital."

 "You mean like an institution."

 "They're here to get you now. You will be out soon. Maximum time there is fourteen days." He tugs the IV needle from my arm and removes the blood pressure cuff from my arm.

 Two men in black jumpsuits come towards me and lift me from the hospital bed. I fight them and swing my arms. They get a good grip on me and drag me backwards towards the doors. I kick my feet as they struggle to keep me moving. "No! Dad don't let them take me." I scream as he moves to the hallway, to watch them drag me off. "No! No please!" I watch him fade away as they get me to the end of the hallway. They pull me into the bright sun and put me into a police car. I look out the window and start to sob.