Chapter 9

I wake up freezing, despite being covered in blankets. I drag myself to the front of the bus while pulling the blankets along with me. Jaime is sitting on the couch with my phone in his hand, “What are you doing, Jaime?”

    “I’m making you an Instagram and Twitter,” he says, not taking his eyes off my phone. “What do you think of ‘TanTanIsYourBae’ as your username? Or ‘TannerTheBandObsessedChick’?”

    I chuckle at Jaime, “How about TannerFuentes?”

    He plasters a fake frown on his face, “Fine, make it boring.” He pats the cushion next to him, beckoning me to sit next to him. I sit next to him, till he drags me into his lap.

    I swat myself away from him, “Jaime! I’m sick.”

    He pushes me away from him in a joking fashion, “Ew.” I fall to the floor and fake a hurt face. “Now for your twitter bio.”

    I snack my phone from him, “I think I can handle it.”

    I take a few moments to think of my bio, but I just type Pierce The Veil lyrics in.

Oh My God, This is Paradise

    I go through my photos to find a good picture, and I pick a picture of Vic and me hugging.

    I go through and do the same thing to my Instagram.

-------------------------

    I stay in bed for most of the day just trying to get over this illness.

    I check my twitter and see my followers getting larger and larger. Apparently the news about me being Vic’s daughter leaked, even though it wasn’t a secret or anything. I don’t bother to read the things said about me. I know they will be negative. I pop in my headphones and play Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade on repeat till I fall asleep again.

    I wake up and the bright sun fills my bunk. I climb out of my bunk feeling a lot better than I had in the past few days. It was probly just a twenty-four hour stomach flu virus, or something. I relax when I see Mike’s face driving the bus. I guess Mike was the person I knew least.

    I study the fine lines on his face as he drifts farther into his own world. “Hey Mike.”

    Mike practically jumps in the air as he flails around, “Jesus Christ! You scared me Tanner.”

    I chuckle at his childish reaction.

    “So whats up? You still feeling bad?” he questions me.

    “Not at all,” I say in a chipper voice. I take a seat on the floor and look up at him.

    He takes his off the road for a moment and looks at me. He smiles. He has the cutest smile. “You’re so funny,” he laughs.

    We sit in silence for a few more moments until he breaks the silence again, “You know BryanStars and Alt Press want to do an interview with you an Vic.”

    A smile forms on my lips and excitement fill my limbs. “I love BryanStars!” I shout.

    “By the way,” Mike adds. “Vic loves when you call him Dad. He really just craves your approval. He thought you hated him.”

    I frown at Mike, “Vic means the world to me, you all do. But he sure as hell beats my crackwhore mother.”

    “What,” Mike takes his eyes off the road for a moment causing his to swerve slightly. “What did you say?”