Chapter 3

“Yeah Jaime, I just don’t know if I trust her that much to leave her here by herself,” I heard Vic say over the phone. “Her foster mother said she had a record. Stealing, cheating in school, and getting in fights at school all the time. Not only that but she tried to kill herself.”

It was all true. I stole things from stores and I sold them. I was trying to get money for a bus pass so I could run away. I cheated on all my test because I just wasn't smart enough and I got in fights because I was scared of the kids. I fought to make myself look tough. The suicide attempt was after the first time my foster brother raped me. He took pictures of me and threatened to blackmail me if I told anyone and if I i didn’t do what he told me to do. I couldn’t take it. Took two gashes down both my arms. Almost did the trick.

Vic came over to me and shook me ‘awake.’ I rubbed my eyes and pulled the blanket over my head. I was up all night and I wanted to go back to sleep. “I’ll wake you back up when breakfast is ready, okay?” He asked.

“Sure.”

Vic pulled me toward him. “Stop Vic,” I pushed him away from me.

“No you’re mine. I own you,” he hissed. He tried to press his lips to mine but I turned my head away. fine! You’re gonna play like that bitch! Well I have the solution for skanks like you.” Vic grabbed my hair and threw me on the ground. He kicked me in the stomach and face till my nose bled and I threw up.

“Now we can continue.” He throws me on his bed and pushed my shirt up.

“No! Don’t! Please!” I scream and fight back but he is too strong. “Stop!”

“Tanner wake up!”

I sit up and see Vic sitting there with worry plastered on his face.

“Stay away from me!” My voice shakes at Vic. I pushed myself farther away from him. I started to hyperventilate. He’s going to hurt me. I pull my knees to my chest and rocked back and fourth. I mumbled words to myself as my attempt to keep me sane.

Vic slowly backed away from me and pulled his phone out. “Tony I need your help… She’s uhh, she was sleeping and was screaming ‘no and stop.’ I woke her up but now she is terrified of me and she’s as white as a sheet. I don’t know what to do… Well can you just come over here… Please. She’s sobbing...Okay. Hurry.”

    Vic hung up his phone and walked toward me. “No!” I yell at him. He kept walking towards me.

    “Why are you so scared. I would never hurt you,” he said in his melodic voice.

    “Thats what he said, then he took everything away from me,” I mumbled.

    “Is that what this is about?”

    I stare at Vic.

    “I wont hurt you.”

    “Thats what he said,” my voice shook.

    The door opened and in walked Tony. “Bro help me, she’s so scared,” Vic said.

    Tony approached me and I pushed myself farther back into the couch. “Tanner, what’s wrong?” Tony asked me in his soft voice.

    “I- I. I just can’t,” I sob. I couldn’t tell them what happened. I couldn’t. They would think I was discussion and a whore.

    “Please just tell me what’s wrong.” He knelt down so he is eye level with me. “Do you want Vic to leave?”

    I nodded and watched Vic walk away. “I just had a really bad dream that Vic was hitting me and he was molesting me,” I choke out. “And I can’t stop thinking about my step brother and how he took advantage of me like that. It’s literally haunting me. Its not that I don’t trust Vic, it’s just the fact that a barely know him and he could do whatever he wanted to me. He’s stronger and bigger. I’m just afraid he might hurt me.”

    “He would never hurt you. He loves you and after he left you and your mother, he was crushed. I think you just need to lay everything on the table with your dad.”

    “I can’t,” I shake my head. “I can’t tell him about any of this. Ever. Not the rape, not the cutting. I just can’t. He’ll think i'm disgusting. I mean you already do. It’s all my fault anyways.”

    “Tanner, it’s never your fault. Rape is only on the person who did it. I’m sorry that this happened to you but Vic, nor I or Jaime or Mike would ever hurt you. I swear. You can tell Vic about this stuff. I’m not going to force you and I’m not going to tell him, but I think it would help you come to terms with it some more. You’d be shocked what Vic has gone through,” Tony kissed my forehead. “You wanna tell him?” Tony questioned me.

    I nod my head, “Not about the cutting though.”

    Tony left to go retrieve Vic. I tugged on my hair to try and calm myself down; it wasn’t helping.

    Vic and Tony showed back up. “Sorry Vic. I know, I’ve been a mess, but I’m ready to come to some terms with some things on my life,” I bit my lip. “In foster care a few years ago, I was uh. I was raped. My foster brother did it. He videoed it and took pictures. He threatened me with the pictures. He told me if I ever told anyone what he did to me then he would blackmail me with them. I just couldn’t live with that so I didn’t tell anyone and I let him continue for, well, up until you took me it. It’s just been destroying me and I have just been scared of guys ever since. I’m sorry,” I started to cry slightly. “I just feel like it’s all my fault. I could have told someone but I was so stupid and I didn’t.”

    “Oh baby,” Vic’s voice quavered. “It’s not your fault! I love you and would never hurt you. I promise.” Vic stood over and hugged me. “Is there anything else you want to talk about?”

    I glance at Tony and he nodded his head. I looked into Vic’s deep brown eyes. “No,” I shake my head. I just can’t tell him.

    “Okay then.”

    Yeah sorry this is so short. Writing it was VERY triggering for me. I couldn't even go through and proof it. I was molested wheni was younger. Its so hard and I put all my feelings into it so I hope you like it. Yet again, sorry its short. I hope you understand.