Chapter 10

I wake up a terrifying dream. I shake as my brain forces me to relive it, in all its horror. I shove my face into my pillow to muffle the sobs coming from my mouth. The cries roll through me, bouncing around in my body, until finding the exit in my mouth.

“Tanner.”

I jump slightly at she sound of Tony’s sharp voice. I pull my face from the pillow and look at him.

“What’s wrong?”

I think about telling him how I am so scared that If Bryan posts that video, that my foster brother will release the nonconsensual sex tapes between me and him. I feel the words build up in my throat but as soon as I open my mouth, they evaporate.

“Just spit it out,” Tony says.

I let the words spill out of me. I feel my body cringe as I finish speaking. A tingling sensation fills my fingertips and my toes. I look at Tony’s face and a contorted image of disgust.

“I- Err,” he stutters. “Have you told Vic?”

I shake my head, “No- No. I don’t think I would be able to if I tried.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll talk to your dad for you.”

Tony walks away and I manage to get myself into some clothes. I pull on a Bring Me the Horizon muscle tank and white shorts.

I brush my hair and put makeup on for the first time in forever. I’ll just fake it.

I knew that there was nothing they could do to help solve this problem. I just need to forget it and hope they do too. Besides my birthday is in a few days, which I haven’t told Vic, so maybe we can do something special.   

----------------------------

    Vic avoided the problem, but things were a lot more awkward. We would sit and just keep our heads in our laps. I felt ashamed. I felt like a slut.

    I find my way into the shower and start to sing in the shower. This was a usual thing for me, but only when the guys weren't home. If they heard me sing, I would cry, and they would be hearing impaired. I start to sing Yeah Boy and Doll Face. It was my all time favorite song.  I hear a clatter outside the shower and the shower curtain gets whipped open. I throw my hand over my body.

    “Your singing,.” Jaime screams. “You are amazing!”

    “I’m also naked,” I say in a flat tone.

    His cheeks flush and he turns away in embarrassment. “Sorry I didn’t realise,” he adds with his face in his hands.

    “Yes, because people take showers clothed. That’s how the world works,” I chuckle and tug the shower curtain back.

    My hair drips with water as I appear from the bathroom. The carpeted hallways squish under my feet as I walk, leaving a trail of water behind me.

    I feel a big hand on my shoulder and I turn around. Mike towers over me and smiles his toothy smile. “Are you excited?” He asks.

    “About what?”

    “You’re singing Hold On Till May with Vic.”

    “I’m what?” I ask in utter shock. I sure as hell was not talented enough for this.

    “Better start practicing,” Mike smirks and he walks off.

    “Jaime, that little bitch,” I mutter under my breath.

-------------------

    I start to warm up before our big show in Vegas. Vic helps me and gives me a few tips. I was so nervous. My hands shake as I hear him start to sing the song. The crowd sings back.

    My part to sing quickly approaches. The crew shoos me onto the stage as they shove a microphone into my hands.    

    Vic nods at me as he sings “And she said.”

    I take my cue to sing.  “If you were me you’d do the same,” My hands slowly stop shaking as the nerves fade. I look into the crowd beyond the blinding lights and the fans sing with just as much emotion. This is amazing. This is beautiful chaos.

    “And I can’t take anymore. I draw the shades and close the door. Everything’s not alright and I would rather.” These lyrics related to me in every way and to see the fans sing them right back to me. It felt amazing. A tear slips from my eye, but Vic is right there to wipe it away.

------------------

    I sing for the last time on this tour, only because it was ending. I look back on the few weeks I’ve been singing with Vic and I realise that these have been the happiest few weeks of my life.  

--------------------

    Vic and I moved into our new house and had a few days to settle in. I managed to tell

Vic that my birthday is today. He acts more excited than me.

    “What do you want to do?” he repeatedly asks me.

    “Only one thing,” I sigh. “I want to meet someone from Black Veil Brides.” It was very well known that I had a borderline obsession with them.

    “I’ll get working on it,” Vic pats me on the head.

    I have a feeling this birthday is going to be a good one.

---------------------

    I lay around for most of the day, until I hear the doorbell ring. “Vic shouts at me from the other room to get the door. I push myself up from the reclined chair and open the door.

    A tall skinny figure stands in the doorway, “Surprise.”

    I study his face before a large grin spreads across my face.

    He makes his way into the house and my heart beats faster than ever. Andy Biersack is standing in my living room.