Chapter 8

“Give me your blades,” Vic puts his hand in front of the bathroom door to where I can’t leave.

    “No,” I spit at him. “It’s my life and my body. I’ll do what I want with it.”

    “You’re making this so hard for me.”

    I push my way out of the door and climb back into my bunk. I just need to escape for a while. Sleep is the only way I get that.

    I fall asleep dreamlessly, but my sleep isn’t refreshing. I toss and turn as the guilt eats away at me. I was a bitch to Vic and a bitch to Tony. I need to do something. Maybe If I give Vic one of my blades he will be able to relax some more, but I’ll still have my other blades.

I wake up to darkness. Wow, I must have slept all day. I climb out of my bunk and I don’t feel the normal shakiness of the bus, which means were stopped. I peek into the bunks but I see no one. So I walk to the front off the bus. No one.

My feet hit the concrete as I see the back of a concert venue. I think we're in Dallas. I walk to the backstage door.

“Woah, little lady. You can’t go in there,” said the security guard. His words sliced together and it was obvious he was drunk. I look and see his large bottle of beer next to him. More empty glass bottles lay around him and the smell hits me like a ton of bricks. I bend over and vomit on the dirty sidewalk. The man looks at me with disgust on his face.

“Y-You have to let me in. I’m Vic’s daughter. Please!” I look at the man and study the wrinkles under his eyes. He looks old and broken, like he’s lost something or someone.

I bend over and vomit again. The bile burns my insides like fire. The throw up goes out my nose too. I look down and I am covered in my own vomit.

“Tanner! What happened?” Kellin comes up from behind me. I guess he was on his bus.

“I don’t know. I don’t feel good and I just need to see Vic,” I start to cry at the sound of his name. I felt so bad for doing what I did to him today. “And this guy won’t let me in, even though I told him I was Vic’s daughter.” My vision goes blurry and my head starts to tingle. “I’m so dizzy,” I stumble to the ground.

I feel Kellin’s hands grab me and pull me back to my feet. He places the back of his hand on my cheek and forehead. “Tanner, you’re burning up.” Kellin drags me inside and tugs my shirt off. I don’t question him though. It is soaked in vomit and I am too disoriented to understand what is even going on.

“Kellin, where’s the bathroom?” I choke out, trying to hold in the puke that was swarming inside my, like an angry bee hive.

He pushes me toward the bathroom and I fling myself toward the toilet. My everything spills out of me. Kellin holds my hair back and pats my back. My eyes water as I pull my head back up. There is a small shower next to me. I stand up with shaky knees and turn on the shower.

“I’ll bring you a towel, Vic is performing right now, but I’ll tell him that you’re sick.” Kellin says.

I don’t wait for Kellin to get hack with the towel, I just strip from my remaining clothes and slide myself into the shower. The cold water blast me as I tug the shower curtain closed. The liquid fades into hotness after a few moments. I try to let the water rid me of this dirty feeling. It doesn’t help. I move to washing the chunks of throw up out of my hair. I lather up some shampoo and saturate my scalp completely in it. I repeat this two or three times. I put some conditioner into my hair also. I let my hair soak in the steaming water. I start so scrub my body. I don’t stop. I scrub my fresh cuts over and over again till blood starts to flow from them again.

I turn the water off and grab a towel. My clothes smell bad and I am not going to put them back on. I wrap the towel around my body and peek my head out from the door. “Kellin, I don’t have clothes to put on.”

Kellin walks toward the door and takes off his shirt. He throws it to me. “Put this on for now, I’ll run to your bus and grab you some clothes.”

I shut the bathroom door and slide the t-shirt on. I pull my underwear on and walk back into the room I was in before. I take a seat on the brown leather couch. I sink down into it and it kind of absorbes me in its fluffy cushions. Kellin comes back with my cloths folded in one of his arms. His free hand is wrapped around something tightly.

He sits next to me, “Before you put these on, can I talk to you?”

I shrug my shoulders and avoid looking at Kellin. He raises his clinched fist into the air and flashes my razor. “You have too much going for you to be doing this to yourself.”

I frown at Kellin. “It’s not a big deal,” I mumble at him.

“It is to a big deal. You could fucking kill yourself. That would kill me. That would kill Vic. Did you ever think about how much he actually loves you? He called me when he found out that he could adopt you. He was so happy. He talks about you all the time, to everyone.” Kellin places the blade in between his fingers and snaps it in half. He takes it and hides it from me. “Just promise me you’ll stop.”

“I promise,” I lie. ‘

Vic emerges from a small hallway in the back of the room and runs toward me. “Awe baby, are you okay?” he asks me as he lifts me off the ground and into his arms.

I put my arms around him, “I’m sorry about the fight we had. I-I love you Dad.” Did I just call him Dad? It felt so natural though.

I love him. I love my father.

I actually have a father.