Chapter 7

I wake up and roll out of bed. I trudge into the front of the bus and look for some food to eat. I find some cold pizza in the fridge. I grab myself a piece and get on my phone. 11:45am. Am I the only one awake? I walk around the bus eating my cold pizza till I hear Jaime stirring in his bunk. Maybe if he gets up, I can talk to him. Get to know him.    

    I walk back to the front of the bus and sit on one of the couches. A tired looking Jaime appears from the bunks and smiles at me. “What are you doing up, kiddo?” He says while patting my head.

    I smile, “You know, I was hungry.”

    “Yum, cold pizza,” he licks his lips.

    “Here,” I hand him the pizza. “You can have the rest.”

    Jaime sits down next to me, “So tell me about yourself.”

    “What do you want to know?”

    “Anything you want me to know.”

    “Well,” I start thinking about things that really define me. “I really love music. I’m pretty shy and um, my mom passed away about three years ago. I knew I would have to go to foster care because I didn’t have any family, so I didn’t call the police or anything after I found out she was dead. I stopped going to school so they called CPS and then they put me in a home after about six months.”

    Jaime looks at me with hurt on his face.

    “I’m fine though,” I say in an attempt to lighten the mood.

    Jaime and I talk for about half an hour, just getting to know each other, till Mike walks. His hair is all frizzy and his lanky body is hunched over as he moves to the kitchen. Mike smirks at us as he walks by, “Vic said to do your school work”

    I go and find my paper school work book and open it to the first page. Geometry. I always sucked at geometry. I work for about thirty minutes till I finally give up and throw my book across the room.

    “What was that all about?” Jaime asks.

    “It was too hard,” I frown. “Will you help me Jaime?” I bat my eyes at him.

    “Don’t ask me, Vic was the only one who went to college.”

    “Just try.”

    Jaime sit there for another hour trying to solve these math problems together, but shocker, we failed at understanding almost all of them.

    Vic comes out and laughs at mine and Jaime’s attempts to work this out. He comes and sits next to me, explaining it to me in his soft voice. He smiles at me when I get one right and helps me when I miss one. Overall, not too successful

    The day is pretty normal, with your shows and all, but tonight the guys decide they wanted to go out. Vic not being much of a partier stays home with me. I am excited to have more father-daughter time with him. We walk to the back lounge with junk food in our arms. We turn on a scary movie and snack on a variety of trail mix, Cheetos, and Mars Bars.

    As the movie comes to an end I look down at all the empty wrappers on the floor. I ate all of that. My body starts to shake and my palms sweat. I stand up and let my shaky legs guide me to the bathroom. I hunch myself over the toilet and bring my fingers to my mouth. I had seen this done before all over the internet. Just stick your fingers as far back as you can, into your throat, and wait for the pounds to come right off.    

    I don’t think, I just do.

    I plunge my fingers into mymouth. I push farther into my throat and I feel the sliminess of my tonsils against my fingers. I start to cough but I feel the bile rise from my stomach. The liquid spills out of my mouth and into the toilet bowl. I repeat this till the only thing coming out of me is the brown sower liquid.

    I sigh in relief and brush my teeth. My hands shake as I walk back to the back lounge. Did Vic hear me?

    He looks at me and smiles at me. I sit next to him and put my head against his shoulder.

----------------------------

    I wake up at about 5:30 am, in my bunk, with anxiety rushing through my veins. I grab one of my blades from my bag and turn on the light in my bunk. I tug my shorts up and look at my disgusting thigh. I push the blade into my fat. I let my hands do my own things, and soon enough they move to my other thigh to do more things. I set my blade down and look at my things. I carved words into my legs. “Die Pig, Not Okay, Fat.” All a bunch of words that echoed through my mind in that moment. I don’t bother cleaning up the blood, I just slip my blade under my mattress and go back to sleep.

    I wake up and drag myself out of bed and walk to the front of the bus. Tony is sitting at the makeshift table on his phone. He has his bright smile plastered on his face and he looks up at me. His smile fades down as he looks at me. Am I really that unpleasant to be around? He stands up and grabs my wrist. He pulls me toward the front of the bus. “What the hell Tanner? Explain yourself,” he crosses his arms.

    I look at him, perplexed. “Explain what?” I stick my lip out at him. Damn, what's his problem?

    He looks down at my thighs. “This is my problem,” he pulls my shorts up, exposing the words engraved into my flesh. Shit. I forgot to change pants! “You really think all these things about yourself?” he asks, while placing a hand on my shoulder.

    I pull away from him, “leave me alone!” I run to the bathroom and throw myself in. He’s judging you. They’re all judging you.

    The voice in my head screams at me. “Shut up,” I whisper, but she only gets louder.

    They hate you. They all hate you! Kill yourself; the world will be better with you gone.

    She hisses at me. “Shut up!” I scream.

    “Open the door Tanner!” Vic yells through the door.

    “No!” I throw my hands into my body and I keep hitting myself. I hit, and hit, and hit till I'm numb everywhere.

    Throw yourself off a cliff.

    “Get out of my head!”

    The door flies open and Vic comes in. He pulls me into his arms and tries to hug me.

    “Get away from me,” I flail out of his grasp. “All of you, stay away!” I let the harsh words slide out of my mouth.

    He looks at my legs. “What did you do to yourself?”

    I look him in the eyes, “I cut myself.”

Ew I haven't updated in forever. Sorry things in life are happening.