𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

"Cliche"

"Cliche"

"He's been asking for you." The sound of Jasmine's father spoke as he met her. "You're not going to run into his arms? Or is that too cliche?"

Steve Rogers was alive. A bit bruised and banged up but he was making a full recovery and would be out of the hospital soon. Despite him being well and almost two weeks since he had, Jasmine had not gone to see him yet.

"I've got a lot on my mind." She didn't bother looking at him, instead just looking straight, towards nothing.

Fury nodded, "You've been following him." He mentioned.

Him, being the winter soldier. Better known as Bucky to Steve.

Jasmine was silent before speaking up, "Seventy years." Her tone was cold, "They kept him imprisoned, tortured, helpless for seventy years. They used him as a weapon." It was like she was just still in disbelief about it.

"I wish we would have known sooner." Fury had his hands crossed behind his back.

She thought back to earlier in the week when she was stuck in the room where Hydra kept her, "You know I heard it all. When Pierce had me held in a room, I could hear the screams, the pain in his voice–"

She let out a sad chuckle, "You know for at least ten years of my life all I've ever wanted him was dead. And now I want nothing then to make sure he's not." She sniffled, "He's as much a victim as all of us."

Fury pulled his daughter in for a side hug, "No one deserves anything hydra did to them. Not him, not you and certainly not your mother."

"Neither do you." Jasmine mentioned. "You put everything into SHIELD and now...it was all for nothing."

He shook his head, "Not for nothing. Had I not stuck with SHIELD, you wouldn't be here. The Avengers would probably not exist. And you wouldn't have become the kickass agent you are."

The two walked over to the secret storage unit that held classified and personal things from both, "Guess I never did become a director of SHIELD like you promised." Jasmine joked.

"Thank god." Her father praised sarcastically.

She watched as her dad went in to grab his personal things. He set down the eyepatch that had been a part of him for years and picked up the glasses. Jasmine entered and picked up a small picture of with both her parents.

"Guess this is where the story ends huh?" She looked towards her father.

He looked at her and then to the picture with a small smile, "You're mother did always say if I didn't close my own chapter on SHIELD, they'd do it for me." He shook his head sarcastically, "God that woman is always right."

The two exited the small storage unit pouring gasoline on anything that they were able to. They shared a look before Jasmine lit up on fire. They watched as it burst into flames for a while before walking away from what they meant to leave behind.