𝐗

"Best Friends"

"Best Friends"

Almost two years had gone by. Since Loki was on earth trying to destroy the world, since the Avengers were formed, and since they saved the world. Since then everyone has gone on to do their own things.

Bruce and Tony were off, probably doing research and discovering new things. Thor was off on Asgard. Clint went to his family. Natasha, Jasmine, and Steve were all at SHIELD being assigned to different missions. It was more common for the soldier and enhanced girl to work together, Natasha was always more independent but she still joined them when asked to.

But with that it meant they spent a lot of time together. Whenever Jazzy --as Steve now called her-- and him were free they were always doing something. Mainly trying to teach the ninety year old soldier about the twentieth century.

They've spent major holidays together. Like fourth of July which was Steves birthday and coincidentally Furys birthday too. Although the two men dislike celebrating their birthdays they made an exception for Jasmine.

That was one of her favorite days and she got an amazing picture with the two to remember it that hung on her wall. It was a classic grumpy Fury, a nervous and awkward Steve, and a big smiley Jasmine, and to top it all off, they were wearing party hats that once again; they hated.

That's also the day Jasmine had given Steve a journal where he'd been writing down things about the twentieth century to do, watch, and eat.

It was clear they developed an amazing relationship. They've been there anytime that they need one another. Jasmines helped Steve help deal with ptsd and such which was important for her. It wasn't an easy transition for him and like she had told him, he didn't have to go through things alone.

In a short amount of time the two had become best friends, he'd even grown close with the girl's pug, Moose, who he's taken care of is Jasmine was ever on solo missions. It was also very common that they stayed at Jasmine's Apartment, though they were still as Steves often.

Today was no different.

"Have you ever tried fondue?"

Steve chuckled at the use of the word thinking back to the small memory, "No but, I don't think I want bread and cheese."

"It doesn't just mean cheese and bread."

Steve breath hitched as his cheeks blushed, "What?"

"Yeah it could be like chocolate with strawberries or marshmallows...are you ok?" She asked, noticing the look on his face.

"Y-yeah, I just thought you-uh...never mind." He stuttered out, earning a confused look from Jasmine.

"Ok...well I guess if you're not good with that, we can watch a movie at my place and order pizza." She suggested that Steve agreed too quickly. "Alright then, let's go."