𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

"It has to"

"It has to"

They were led into another room where Fury's body was laid out on a  gurney, a sheet covering his lower body. Jasmine just stared, not having said a word since he was declared dead. She still had tears running down her cheeks and her eyes were puffy but she refused to let anything out. Steve tried but she wasn't having it.

Maria Hill walked closer to them, "I need to take him."

Jasmine rested her hand on his head giving it a kiss before walking out without a word. Natasha does the same. "Jasmine." Steve followed after them. Neither of the girls responded, "Natasha! Jasmine!"

The two came to a stop, "Why was Fury in your apartment?" Natasha questioned making the darker girl's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She was so worried earlier she hadn't even known about her father's intentions with going to Steve.

She could see Steve hesitate for a second, "I don't know." He shrugged but the two didn't buy it.

"Cap, they want you back at SHIELD." Rumlow yelled out from his spot with the Strike Team, "You to Bennet." He looked at Jasmine.

"Yeah, give us a second." Steve called out to him.

"They want you now." He demanded.

Steve sighed, turning back to the girls, "You're a terrible liar." Natahsa muttered before walking off.

Jasmine did the same walking with the Strike Team. They waited a few moments for Steve to join them, "Let's go."

"Yeah." Rumlow turned to the agents around him.  "STRIKE, move it out."

⊱ ─── {.⋅ ✿ ⋅.} ─── ⊰

Steve and Jasmine rode in a separate car from the rest of the agents. Steve kept glancing her way wanting to make sure she was alright. She took notice of this and the next time he glanced her way she just stared back at him catching him off guard.

She turned back to stare at the road ahead of them, "I was in that car with him, we were chased down by a bunch of people wanting us both dead Steve. So far they're doing a great job of what they've been asked." She spoke up, making Steve surprised at her sudden willingness to open up. "You know what he said to me? He said trust your instincts. So, I'm trusting you to tell me what he gave you and what you know."

He was silent for a moment, "Don't trust anyone." Jasmine turned her head to him curiously, "That's what he said. He gave me the drive that Natasha gathered information on when we went on that last mission."

She nodded understandingly, "As soon as we're done here, we're getting that drive and I'm gong to kill the person who caused all this. I don't care who gets in my way." She finished as they arrived at the Triskelion.

The tone of her voice was dark which caught Steve by surprise. Not since meeting her two years ago did she evere sound so determined or vile.

As they walked through the halls of the Triskelion Steve had gone to get dressed in his gear. Jasmine did the same before they had to go meet Alexander Pierce.