𝐕𝐈𝐈

"Let them Try"

"Let them Try"

Jasmine's seen a good number of deaths but, with none of them hurt more than Phils, well one does but that's a later story. She missed him already, she knew that he would be the only person to know how to comfort her in this situation and now he can't.

After leaving the detention room to let the paramedics do their job Jasmine found herself back in the control center. She felt numb, not even bothering to look up when Tony and Steve joined the table. Though she knew from the silence that there was some sort of remorse and devastation coming from the two.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury cuts the silence, throwing Coulson's now blood stained Captain America Trading cards on the table.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Fury walked around the table that the three sat at. Each had a different look of sorrow on their face. "Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called The Avengers Initiative." There was a pause of silence before Nick could go on. "The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes." He finished off as Jasmine had a few droplets streaming down her face.

Steve had a blank Stare, as did Tony but he got up and left before anyone could go on, "Well, it's an old fashioned notion."

⊱ ─── {.⋅ ✿ ⋅.} ─── ⊰

Jasmine had found her way back to her room, first her eyes had landed on the sight of her pup who was calmly laying asleep then she turned her attention to the mess it had become due to all pf the shaking the helicarrier did earlier. She began to pick stuff around and after a good five minutes she still wasn't close to finishing.

"I'm sorry about Coulson. He seemed like a great guy." A voice came from the doorway pulling Jasmine away from the cleaning, turning to see the super soldier standing there fully suited up.

She shook her head softly, "He didn't deserve this." She told him before mumbling quietly more to herself, "Nobody does."

"Then come with us to make sure it doesn't." Steve tells her as he takes small steps into the girls room.

She shook her head, taking a step back, "I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I'll just freeze." She admitted "I'm not a match for Loki or anything you're about to face. I'm not an Avenger."

"You don't need to be anyone but you. You're an amazing agent, everything I heard about you they all mention the same thing. That you're incredible at what you do. I'm just like you, so are Agents Barton and Romanoff." He compliments and tries to encourage her and push her to come with but she still stands there completely unfazed.