¹¹

TRIGGER WARNING // sensitive subjects are dealt with in this chapter. These include cancer; talks of surgery; talks of scars.

"So I get to finally meet Derek?" Poppy asks as she and her sister walk into the hospital together the following day

"Maybe, if he isn't called in to surgery." Bonnie shrugs.

"And the super hot, super new boyfriend and the guy who's gonna rebuild my tatas?" She grins.

Bonnie rolls her eyes. "Yes, him too. He'll be Doctor Sloan mostly, not Mark the super sexy boyfriend."

"Is that another Teller coming our way?" Tyler tuts. "God help us."

"Actually our maiden names are Sawyer. Ha." Bonnie sasses.

"Sorry, your highness." Tyler bows.

Bonnie rolls her eyes. "Tyler, this is one of my sisters, Poppy."

"Nice to meet you." Poppy smiles.

Tyler smiles warmly. "I hope you got the personality as well as the looks." He flirts.

"Tyler, she's married." Bonnie scolds playfully.

"And super gay. Sorry." Poppy giggles.

Tyler flushes and walks away quickly. Bonnie introduces her little sister to most of her colleagues before she spots Derek. "Here comes Derek - don't worry, he knows you're gay."

Derek smiles as he comes over. "Hey Nobby. You must be Poppy." He smiles politely. "I'm Derek, the best friend."

"Hi Derek. Its nice to finally put a name to a face." Poppy smiles.

"You're here to meet Mark, right?" He puts his hands on his hips like he sometimes does when stood talking.

"Yeah, the hot boyfriend." She smirks.

"I owe you for that - I worked all the magic I had trying to get those two together but whatever you said was the cherry on top. We're good." He grins holding his hand up for a high five.

Poppy laughs and gives him one. "We sure are."

Bonnie rolls her eyes. "Come on, loser. Derek - I'll end you later."

"Love you too." He laughs as he heads off.

Bonnie takes Poppy up to the right floor, signs her in and takes her to the exam room. "Put this on so it opens at the front." She hands her sister a gown. "I'll be back." She says as she gently closes the door and sees Mark coming. She smiles small. "Hi."

He kisses her head. "Hi. You ready?"

"I'm nervous for her. Her surgeon was nicknamed The Butcher for a reason." She sighs. "Just... go gentle on her. She's been through a lot. And don't be all easy breezy with the price - I dont want charity."