Chapter 13

"Would marriage make our families work?"

Cassis widened his eyes in surprise.

He smiled and spoke. "What's on your mind?" He asked while trying to dodge the question.

Roxana noticed it but didn't mind. After all she was just joking... a bit.

"I wanted Pedelian and Agriche to cooperate"

"So you're abandoning your original plan?"

Roxana smiled then closed her eyes. "My original plan?" She opened her eyes then sat down beside him. "Cassis, I don't think you've ever known my original plan"

Cassis remained silent and stared at her.

Cassis actually knew Roxana more than she thought he did.

***
After Cassis had left the Agriche mansion Jeremy came to meet her.

He seemed to be annoyed as Roxana had been constantly busy.

"Ugh. Why do all these guys have to occupy you all day!

Dion and the Pedelian guy are so cowardly. If they like you why not fight over you instead of throwing a few petty words"

He sat on a chair and crossed his legs on the table then complained. "I'm your only good brother. All the others keep on developing disgusting feelings toward you. They make me sick!"

Jeremy's words got Roxana thinking.

Roxana had an older brother she shared the same mother and father with. He  had been killed by Lante because he was too weak. His name was Ashil.

He was like their mother Sierra, timid and too weak.

Then her mind went over to Dion's matter.

She didn't feel disgusted about Dion. Maybe it was because she wasn't the original Roxana and had just been reborn into her body.

She did not have any particular romantic feelings towards anybody. Romance wasn't her number one priority.

She had a big plan ahead of her. Bringing down Lante Agriche wasn't her major mission.

Nobody would approve of her major plan. It was reckless, irresponsible and completely stupid.

But it was what she had to do.

***
Roxana as the new head of Agriche called a meeting.

Some members of the Agriche family had been thinking that Dion was the one behind the rebellion.

So they were surprised to see Roxana sitting on the seat for the head of the family while Dion and Jeremy stood by her side.

"I Roxana Agriche, am the new head of the Agriche family. From today onwards...

Roxana addressed them with confidence and elegance. It was clear who was in charge.

They began to fear her, not only because of her speech, but also because of. The fact that she able to take down the great Lante Agriche.

Plus she has Dion and Jeremy's support and the support of the Pedellian family.

After the meeting everybody dispersed and the news had already began to travel out of Agriche.

The final day of the banquet would be held in the next three days.

The head of every great family would personally greet the Emperor in front of everybody on the final day.

Society would be in shock when the head of Agriche would appear.

***
After the meeting ended Roxana made her way towards a particular part of the mansion.

She went to meet Dion's mother — Maria Agriche.

____
So updates have been slow because I've been really busy. Anyways if you have any ideas of what should happen and what should be added to the story, feel free to comment it.

Thanks for reading!