Chapter 3

She stretched out her arms and looked out of the window. The sun was slowly rising but she quickly took a bath and wore her clothes.

She neatly packed her shiny blonde hair into a ponytail. She went over to the window, then opened it.

Red butterflies flew into the room, each one surrounding her.

"You've all done a good job" Roxana said smiling at her butterflies.

A butterfly landed on her eye. The image of her father pacing up and down in a room filled her sight. She was currently watching  him with her butterflies.

"He's supposed to hold to his end of deal! After I gave him 'that'! That Veritium family really is becoming troublesome" Lante's  anger was relayed to Roxana tbo

'A deal? What's the deal? Hmm, so father and the Veritium family have some sort of agreement. But what?' Roxana thought to herself as she watched the scene unfold before her.

As she watched her father, someone entered into his office. The person was her older brother Dion. As he appeared, she called her butterfly back.

'Dion could spot the butterfly. I can't risk anything not going according to plan'

Knock. Knock. Someone knocked at the door then Roxana gave permission for he person to enter.

The door was opened and Cassis stepped into the room. "My father requests to speak with you"

***
The Agriche mansion, was in utter chaos. Fontaine, who had rebelled, had managed to escape with his troops. Lante Agriche took control as the head once again. But the situation had barely gotten better.

Those who had rebelled had all safely escaped. Some important documents were stolen. Many were injured. And, Roxana was missing.

It was a big loss. Not because he had any warm feelings for her as a father. But because she was a useful asset. He feared that Fontaine had taken her and would use her butterflies.

While Jeremy, had practically gone insane with anger. Naturally, Jeremy Agriche was very hot headed, but with his sister, who  would calm his temper down, was currently missing, he felt the urge to break everything in his path.

"That bastard Fontaine! He took Roxana! If I get my hands on him, I'll smash his head under my feet!" Jeremy roared angrily, kicking a chair out a window.

He was a in a fit of anger thinking of ways to find Roxana. "Did they find any trace of thay bastard?" He contained his agitation and asked Lante who sat down deep in thought, anger visible on his face.

"We're tracking him down. But not all the men with me are trust worthy. Dion, join the sea-

a knock. Knock. "If what you're coming to say isn't anything important, stepping into this room is suicide" Lante was annoyed and made this threat. He really would live up to his words, if the person didn't present relevant words.

The door was opened and one of his men entered and handed him a piece of paper. "Sir, I was surveying the area. Particularly, the area were Lady Roxana was held. And this was what I found"

Lante's eyebrows furrowed as he examined the paper. Words were written on it. It was obviously Roxana's writing which was written in a haste.

Father, I have written this letter with great haste. As you know, I always carry a paper and a pen with me.

I am running from numerous assailants who seem to be un-dead.

Each time I kill one, it only resurrects. Thus, you know I'm referring that they are puppets.

The text was short but managed to ignite a great fury in his heart. Never, in a million years would he imagine that his daughter would lie to him, or go against him.

He had a strong belief that Roxana was his puppet. So he completely believed her words. And he came to a conclusion. Veritium family had either betrayed him or, everything was a coincidence. With the heir of Pedelian who was miraculously alive and the puppets Roxana refered to.

But why did Veritium betray him?! They had made an alliance were he gave them 'that'

Lante handed the paper over to Dion. Dion read it silently then passed it back to his father.

He didn't comment on it, but something felt wrong to him. He had a feeling that Roxana's disappearance, wasn't Fontaine's doing. 

"Dion, leave finding Fontaine. Go shadow the head of Veritium and report anything suspicious. Jeremy, you're first assignment will be tracking down Fontaine" Dion complied with his orders and immediately left the room.

A cruel smile appeared on Jeremy's face as he thought of ways to torture Fontaine.

Lante sat back in his office in deep thought, while Roxana was in the Pedelian mansion, having a meeting with the head.

***
The Head of Pedelian, was Cassis' father. His children resembled him in everywhere way.

"I've heard about you from Cassis. I thank you for saving his life. You want me to give you a favour, so I am ready to listen" Though wary of her as she was a member of the Agriche family, he still would do her a favour. After all she saved his son's life.

"The favour may seem to be hard, but with my plan, I think it wil work if you do it" Roxana plastered a smile on her face and spoke gently.

"What do you want me to do?"

"I want to join hands with your family. And destroy the Agriche family"