Chapter 2

BEFORE ROXANA WENT MISSING

Roxana was taken into a room and held captive. The moment she entered the room, she surveyed it and found a window.

She reached to a hidden pocket in her coat and brought out a scrunched up paper.

Then she opened the window before making sure no one was in that area, dropping the little piece of squeezed paper to the ground.

The paper slowly fell to the ground, swaying in the air due to gravity. It finally fell to the floor. Then she took off the bracelet she wore and also dropped it on the ground. After some time she knocked on the door the room she was in.

The door was opened by the guard who stood at the door "Yes?"

"Hello" Roxana flashed him a dazzling smile which made him flustered. Then she said coyly "I noticed while I was brought up here my bracelet fell. It seems to have fallen just below the window. The bracelet was given to me, by my brother before he died"

Roxana's pitiful expression made the guard agree "Don't worry, I'll get it for you, my lady" The guard was about to turn around to get it, when she called out for him again. 

"I need to get it by myself. It may seem strange but my brother was the last one who touched it. As strange as it sounds, I want his touch to remain there"

She added then smiled enchantingly "An understanding and handsome man like you will agree to this, right, sir?" 

Roxana's smile bewitched the guard to agree. It was fortunate he was the only guard in that area. Fontaine really underestimated her.

The guard escorted her to the bracelet which she picked up with the utmost care. Her eyes glanced to the paper she had dropped before she turned around.

He escorted her back to the room. When he opened the door for her to enter she suddenly gasped and pointed behind him.

The guard turned around quickly and saw a person clothed in black fighting with his fellow guard. The person in black won against the guard then pushed the guards dead body out of a window. The person started running away.

"My lady, go into the room!" The guard who was with Roxanna left her then chased after the person. The guard caught only a glimpse of the black clothed person's yellow hair before the figure went round a corner and disappeared.

***
After the guard left Roxana turned to a mysterious figure who wore a cloak and had been hiding in a corner.

The guard would probably still be chasing the illusion she had created with her illusion butterflies.

The cloaked person broke the window in the room, to make it look like a fight had taken place before turning to Roxana.

Roxana and the cloaked person, walked out of that area of the building and encountered guards.

She killed the guards with her poisonous butterflies, per her fathers orders.

"Let's go" Roxana said as they had reached an exit from the mansion.

***
Faraway from the Agriche territory. Roxana, who people were thoroughly looking for, got on a horse, alongside a figure who wore a dark cloak.

The both of them saddled their horses then slapped the reins of the horses which responded immediately as the animal started moving at utmost speed.

The night breeze blew the cloak the person beside her wore. Revealing golden eyes and tips of silvery blue hair.

The ride took half an hour until they finally reached their destination. The Pedelian mansion in the capital.

The cloaked figure led Roxana discreetly into the mansion, managing not to attract anyone's attention.

The journey from Agriche to the Pedelian mansion in the capital took two and a half hours. But Roxana wasn't a bit in the least tired. Because she had planned for this day. The day that the destruction of the Agriche family would begin.

She was led to a room in the Pedelian mansion by the cloaked figure who gently took of the cloak they wore.

The persons golden eyes and silvery blue hair became more visible without the cloak.

Roxana observed the room she was brought into with a sharp eye "You did a good job bringing me here, Cassis"

Cassis replied with a smile then leaned in closer "Looks like things have changed. Now I'm the one protecting you, Roxana"

"Not quite. I'm still the one protecting you"

"How?" Cassis asked with interest visible im his tone.

"The plan I have proves it" Roxana smiled as she sat on the bed. "But I'll tell you the plan later. Before then, could you write a letter to the yellow family?"

"What kind of letter?"

"A letter that invites the head of the Veritium family to a feast at the Pedelian mansion" Their position standing in the room, reminded her of the past. Three years ago when she had taken him as her toy but secretly took care of him.

Her plan was this. By now, people in Agriche would be searching for her. Particularly, her father. Not because he actually cared for her. No. Her father caring for his children was impossible.

He would be desperately looking for Roxana because she was a useful tool. Raising poisonous butterflies was rarely successful but Roxana had succeeded.

Plus, Roxana's rare beauty was a useful asset for him as well. And she had given him useful advice and was a 'fillal' daughter. These reasons were why she was 2nd place among the Agriche children.

He would be aggrivated at the fact that one of his most useful tools, was nowhere to be found. So he would search high and low for her. Then if he couldn't find her with his own power, he would consult an ally.

A week from now, the head of the Veritium family would attend a feast at this very mansion.

Then at that time, Lante would be visiting the Veritium family to make official inquiry about the 'Cassis puppet' She had made him believe that Cassis was dead and suggested the Cassis he saw was a puppet made by the Veritium family.

That day, something interesting would happen. Something that would completely destroy the relationship between Agriche and Veritium.

Roxana's lips curved up into a smile. She turned to look out of the window. The image of the future laid out in her head. Everything had gone smoothly, but that didn't mean it would continue to be like that.

She recalled what she had written on the piece of paper she had thrown out of the window.

Father, I have written this letter with great haste. As you know, I always carry a paper and a pen with me.

I am running from numerous assailants who seem to be un-dead.

Each time I kill one, it only resurrects. Thus, you know I'm referring that they are puppets.

She would make her father suspect the Veritium. And the guard would also testify that an intruder had golden hair. A trait of the Veritium family.

This was the first step of her plan. To take away Agriche's allies. Then make them hers.