Chapter 16

Sierra was Lante's second wife. She possessed blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She was rather meek and too weak minded. Apparently, she was Roxana's mother.

Always being tricked by others and being beaten in a fight.

There was a resentment of some sort, Roxana felt towards Sierra.

Growing up from being a child, she'd encounter some problems among other members of Agriche. Sierra would only be quiet and watch as Roxana would get hurt.

Except from shaking and fiddling, or sometimes crying, Sierra had never stood up for any of her children even though she claimed that she loved them.

It was because of this her behavior, that Lante was able to kill her first son, Ashil, Roxana's older brother.

At first, Roxana ignored the resentment seeing that Sierra was weak minded. But, overtime this her over weakness became annoying.

"Hello mother" Roxana greeted Sierra.

She had heard from the maids that her mother had not left her room and had barely been eating ever since she heard of the rebellion and what had befallen Lante.

Immediately the door opened and Sierra saw Roxana, she ran over to her and held her hand.

"Roxy! Is it true that you rebelled?! Oh tell me that it's not true! Tell me that you're not the head of Agriche!"

Roxana strongly pulled her hand away from Sierra's hold. Making Sierra to fall backwards to the floor.

"Ahh!" She screamed in pain as her back hit the ground. Tears formed in her eyes as she looked at Roxana who had resulted in her fall. "Roxy?"

"I rebelled against Lante. I am now the head of Agriche" Roxana said coldly.

Looking into Sierra's eyes, she squatted and met Sierra's level. "It's all true. All the stories you've heard about me being a monster to be able to take down Lante, is all true, mother"

Sierra's eyes widened as she listened to Roxana. "Roxy... No... It can't be-

"Everything is true for the first time, you have to face the truth head on"

"Being the head of Agriche is dangerous! So many people will target you...

"So what? Unlike you, mother, I'm not afraid of my own shadow. I'm ready to deal with trouble because it's life. You can't always be weak and hide, you know"

Sierra squirmed under Roxana's piercing gaze. She fiddled with her fingers and tears streamed from her eyes. The harsh words inflicted on her, hurt her feelings.

"I'm just worried-

"Just like you have been for the past nineteen years of my life. All you do is worry" She reached for Sierra's face then raised her chin, making their eyes meet each other.

Dangerous red eyes looking into shaking blue eyes. "Or it's either you cry. It's all just so... pathetic. Grow up, mother"

She let go off Sierra then stood up, dusting her gown. Then she turned around, heading for the door.

"If you were stronger, then maybe Ashil wouldn't have been killed" Roxana said finally before opening the door and leaving Sierra on the floor to think.

"Hic... Hic... Ashil... My baby boy" Sierra cried as she buried her face in her curled legs.

The reminder of her dead son dealt with her emotional state. Roxana's words resounded in her head as she recalled all her decisions she had made throughout her life.

It was true. All she did was hide and act weak. Never did she once stand up for anything. Not even her own precious children!

Sierra continued to cry. So many thoughts tormented her. "What if I were stronger... Then maybe people would no longer trample on me... Then maybe Roxy would forgive me!"

As she said this, a butterfly which had been on a window in that room, flew away and went to meet its master who was waiting to here how her mother reacted to her not-so-friendly advice.

Her eyes became warmer than its original icy state when talking with Sierra.

'I hope to see you change, mother'