Chapter 12

Jeremy walked into the judgment room. Lante looked up to him with hope.

'Jeremy will save me' He thought to himself.

"Oh, you've finally got him. I've been tired of all these complicated plans! " Jeremy said.

That single Ray of hope disappeared after hearing Jeremy.

"Face it. You've been defeated, Lante" Roxana said.

***
The news of the rebellion against Lante quickly spread across the Agriche territory and slowly into the gossiping mouths of nobles.

Most people thought that Dion was the one who organized the rebellion. Very few people knew it was all Roxana's plans.

Grizelda, Roxana's half sister, was impressed with Roxana's detailed plan.

She felt that Roxana would be an even more shrewd head of Agriche. And she wasn't wrong.

***
"So... What next?" Cassis asked Roxana as they met the day after the successful rebellion.

Roxana didn't turn to meet his eyes but continued looking out of the window.

"What next? For starters, I'll make sure Lante is chained up more" She replied lightly.

"I'm serious" He came closer to her to see what she was looking at from out of the window.

The only thing that was outside was the green grass in the garden.

It didn't seem unchanged despite the recent changes. It remained the same bright green color with flowers here and there.

"If you want to tell me something, say it instead of standing at the door like that" Roxana said still staring outside.

She wasn't talking to Cassis who was beside her, but was speaking to Dion who stood at the door.

"I don't think the head of Agriche should be associating with a member of the Pedelian family" Dion said with obvious dislike towards Cassis.

"And I don't think a vassal of Agriche should make decisions for the Head of Agriche" Cassis quickly replied.

"Both of you shouldn't start now" Roxana warned.

Dion stared intently at Cassis then walked out of the room.

Cassis then sat back on a chair.

Roxana remained silent then began to think.

Pedelian and Agriche had been enemies for a very long time.

The two families hated each other and the hatred was passed on frome generation to generation.

Roxana decided to take away the animosity.

But it wouldn't be easy. Important vassals of Agriche still held a grudge against Pedelian.

It had something to do with a clash between the two families three or four generations ago.

Pedelian often took away prospective opportunities from Agriche, so it would be hard to convince the whole of Agriche to cooperate with Pedelian.

Force wouldn't work on Agriche. It would be Lante'a rule all over again.

Besides was the Pedelian family willing to cooperate with Agriche?

Cassis wasn't the head of Pedelian yet.

He would be after a matter of years, but Roxana wasn't to make her plan long term.

You may wonder, what plan exactly does Roxana refer to?

Taking down Lante Agriche wasn't the end. It was just the beginning.

This story was far away from its end.

She turned away from the window then finally looked at Cassis.

"Would marriage make our families work together?"