Chapter 1

The moonlight lit the inside of the carriage during this dark night.

Within the carriage sat a lady with locks of blonde hair which was silkier than the finest silk in the market.

Mysterious  red eyes which carried a domineering aura and could penetrate the depths of one's soul.

An enchanting smile sat on her lips which was capable of bewitching anyone. Drawing them into a trap she had laid out for them.

The first impression you would get about her is that she was dangerous. But one couldn't help but stare in awe, at her amazing beauty.

But behind that beautiful exterior laid a dangerous monster which plotted the downfall of her family.

The mysterious ladies name was Roxana.

Her eyes held a deep gaze as a storm brewed inside of her mind.

She gazed up at the brilliant full moon which stood in the sky. It seemed like a calm night but the situation was anything but calm.

Her half-brother, Fontaine had rebelled against her father, while he was away at a banquet. And now that her father heard the news, he was rushing of to the mansion.

The image of how distressed her father was, made her laugh. The Lante Agriche who held himself highly, the head of the Agriche family, distressed was an amazing sight to behold.

And what worsened his mood was the fact that his nemesis' son, which he saw die right before his eyes appeared alive right before him.

Her illusion butterflies did a really good job deceiving everyone. Except for Dion.

'Dion could prove to be a problem in the plan. But Cassis will be able to deal with that pest. I wonder if I should leave Dion alive after this. Hm, I'll think about that later'

Outside of the carriage were the noises of horses which moved as fast as they could at the command of their riders.

By each second the, sound of the galloping horses, grew distant. Because all the riders were in a hurry to the Agriche mansion.

Due to their speed, the carriage which Roxana was in, fell behind.

But their unreachable speed was to her advantage as it would draw suspicion away from her as she took a short stop from the carriage to do something.

'Besides, what's the rush? No matter, how fast they are, the Agriche family will fall into my hands'

***
"You traitors! Get out of my way so I don't have to waste my time slaughtering you all!" Lante roared angrily at the guards that protected the gates of Agriche under Fontaine's order.

But the guards, though a bit scared, they didn't move an inch but stood resolutely against Lante.

Lante clenched his fist in agitation at the situation. In his mind, that ridiculous son of his, who was delaying him, was someone who should have never been born.

He turned backwards to see his men and Jeremy behind him.

"Where is Dion and Roxana?" He asked Jeremy who stood closest to him.

"Dion hasn't returned since the banquet. Tch, probably still stuck with the previous mission. And sister's carriage isn't here yet" Jeremy stated with annoyance visible on his face. But he held it in since he was in the presence of the head of Agriche.

Lante turned to the guards who had betrayed him and they flinched under his menacing gaze. "Jeremy. Show these filthy traitors who an Agriche is"

At his father's words a smile appeared on Jeremy's face. Not a cheery or happy smile. But a smile that told wished someone goodbye. A smile capable of giving someone nightmares for weeks.