Chapter 15

Rebecca opened her eyes and was met by the sun beaming down on her through the window. She was about to get out of bed when she noticed she wasn't in hers. She looked at the clock, that was sitting on top of the nightstand, and seen it was 8:30.

She then felt an arm tighten around her waist as she was being pulled back towards the man beside of her. That's when she remembered everything that had happened the night before.

Rebecca turned around towards Colby, still wrapped in his arms, and smiled to herself. She then felt his lips on her forehead. "Good morning."

Colby opened his eyes and smiled. "Morning beautiful." Rebecca smiled at his words. Colby turned his head towards his nightstand so he could see the time, before looking back at Rebecca, who was still cuddled up in his arms. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not that long. I woke up a few minutes before you did." Colby smiled and leaned down to capture her lips in his.

Rebecca trailed her hand up his back and through his hair while Colby trailed his hand down her exposed back before rolling her onto her back. Rebecca wrapped her legs around his waist and trailed her fingers into his back. Colby's lips slowly moved from her lips to her neck, before the two heard tiny feet running towards his bedroom. Colby pulled back smiling, and kissed Rebecca once more before pulling the blankets over top of them. "We can finish this later." He whispered into her ear, laying down beside of her.

Rebecca smiled and sat up when Saylor entered the room. "Mama!" Rebecca scooped up her daughter when she reached out for her, and sat her between her legs. "I woke up and couldn't see you in your room. I thought you left me..."

Rebecca's heart broke as her daughter hugged her. "I'm sorry baby." Colby sat up also and rubbed Saylor's back trying to calm her down. Saylor pulled back and looked up at her mother. "I would never leave you munchkin. Mommy came in here with C last night."

Saylor then looked over at Colby. "Yeah. We're sorry for scaring you Say." Colby pushed some hair out of Saylor's teary face.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Saylor asked looking up at her mom.

Colby and Rebecca looked at each other with wide eyes. "Uhm, yeah. Mommy had a bad dream, so Colby helped me."

Colby nodded. "C take the bad dream away." Saylor smiled and stood up on the bed. Wobbling, she walked over to Colby and hugged him. "Thanks C."

Colby smiled and hugged her, "You don't have to thank me. I love you and your mommy, I'll always help you two."

Saylor smiled and sat down in his lap. "Can we eat? I hungry C."

Colby looked at Rebecca. "Would you and mama want to go grab some pancakes?"

Rebecca smiled. "Mommy would love to. Saylor why don't you go brush your teeth and mommy will be there in a second to help you get dressed ok?"

Saylor nodded excitedly. "Otay!" She jumped up and Colby helped her off of his bed, and they watched as she left the room.

Colby turned towards Rebecca and kissed her cheek. "I'm going to go take a shower." She nodded and bent down over the bed to grab her clothes. "Hey Becks?"

Rebecca grabbed her bra and looked back up at him. "I love you. And I just want you to know that no matter what you decide, will make me love you any less." He paused for a second fidgeting with his shorts. "If you want to just stay friends I understand, but I really hope you don't. I love you too much to just be friends...."

Rebecca watched as he walked into the bathroom. She looked out the window for a minute, thinking about everything that had happened, before standing up and collecting her clothes off of the floor. She walked back to her bedroom and shut the door, before getting ready.

               .       .       .       .        .        .       .        .       .

"I want boo berry." Saylor exclaimed.

Rebecca looked down in the booth next to her, and seen Saylor pointing at the pancakes she was wanting. "Ok I'll tell them you want blue berry." She looked back up and seen Colby passing some crayons to Saylor. "What do you want? I'm going to go order and then I need to pee."

He took a quick glance at the menu. "I'll take two waffles and some hash browns."

Rebecca smiled. "Ok." She grabbed her purse and stood up. "I'll put in our orders and I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be back in a few."

Colby nodded and grabbed a crayon to color with Saylor. "Hey! Don't color that blue, it needs to be green."

Colby blinked a few times  before nodding. "Ok I'm sorry."

"It's ok C. I'm not mad." Saylor put the crayon down and got out of her side of the booth before moving over and sitting with Colby.

Colby smiled and wrapped an arm around her pulling her closer to him as the two colored a dinosaur.

Rebecca walked up to the big screen displayed in the front of the restaurant, and put in their orders. She then walked back to the bathroom.

Once she was done she washed her hands and dried them off before checking her outfit in the mirror. She walked out of the bathroom but ran straight into a man's chest. She fell back with his arms wrapping around her waist. "I am so sorry! I wasn't watching where-"

And then she stopped. When she looked up at the man she realized it wasn't a stranger, it was Matthew. "It's ok Becks. Good thing I caught you huh?"

Matthew looked down, still holding onto her, and smiled. "You look pretty, what are you up to?"

Rebecca's breath quickened and she tried to back away. Matthew shook his head and grabbed her face softly. "I'm not going to hurt you Rebecca. You don't have to be afraid."