Chapter 3

Sebastian couldn't sleep. He eagerly awaited for his morning appointment with Amaira.

She was an Interior Designer. So she had followed her heart and chosen the career she was perfect for.

When he had met her for the first time, she was a law student at Cambridge but her heart lied in the creative field.

He often told her to do what she really wanted but she  told him that by her mum wanted her to do it and she would do anything to gain her appreciation and approval.

She had a stormy childhood but was a really lively person and a real romantic at heart , a heart he'd broken so callously and her faith in love which he'd destroyed.

But he would do anything in the world to win her trust and love again.

And with a smile he drifted off to sleep with his dreams filled with  Amaira.

                                                                  --------The next morning---------

He got his driver to park the car at a distance from her Designer Studio cm Office.

 "THE DECOR"  a sophisticated designer studio which had its name in the top magazines. He was extremely proud of the fact that she was so successful.

Right now he had to wait for around 5 hours because he dint expect her to open her office at 6am in the morning  but he had to reach here as he just couldn't  contain his excitement and anticipation to meet her.

He decided to finish all his work pending on his laptop in the car which, he thought, was better than staring at the gate of her office.

When all his work got over the area around him was coming to life. Still 30 minutes to go , he just couldn't sit in the car now.

  He entered her office but her secretary told him to wait as  she was in another meeting. Damn he missed his chance to get a glimpse of her in the morning.

After a few minutes he was escorted inside her office with one of the youngsters who were working there. Maybe they were interns , he thought.

The girl was looking at him appreciatively and was smiling widely but he ignored her.

He was too old for the kid and secondly she wasn't the one he wanted. His life was inside the office.

As he entered her back was at him and she was talking softly on the phone.

"You can wait here. She will finish her call soon --" and smiled and winked at him. God really! what was wrong with the kids now days?!!

She finished her call and turned slowly speaking to him.

"Ah, Hello Mr Raichand. I'm sorry i was busy.---YOU!...."  she said ,her expression changing from shocked to disbelief and then furious , her eyes which earlier gave him a glimpse of her feelings and emotions were hard and cold.

Yes she really had changed in all these years but definitely for the better.

"Hello my love, long time." he said almost conversationally, taking in the surroundings of her highly sophisticated office.

The pine wood table dominated the office, with leather chairs on wither side. Her office was quite huge, as he notes a small leather coffee table covered with stacks of magazines. A small wine coloured couches beside it with different shaped designer cushions. He loved the color combination of her office. A beam of sunlight from the huge windows made it look vibrant yet so soothing.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she said in a hard, stiff voice, bringing back his attention.

"I came here to find you Amaira.I am really sorry for the little accident yesterday--"

"Did you come here to apologize? Well if you did its okay. Thank you for your concern. Now you may leave." she said in a curt ,dismissive tone.

"Not so fast my love. Well it has been a long time. You've become really beautiful." he said as he plopped into the comfortable leather chair.

"Look i don't have time for your nonsense.Just get out before i have you thrown out"

"Oh no my dear, I am here for my appointment regarding the suites and rooms you have to design in my hotel.THE GRAND RITZ. Lets get to business okay?"

"But. --" for a moment she looked confused but then her expression became cold

"I am sorry i would not be able to do it. As you no I don't want to be in the presence of an ass like you, I refuse to work with you. Go find another interior designer.Now get lost."

"Oh not so easily my love." he stood and walked towards her , her eyes widening as he  stood close to her , towering her with his height. He breathed in her delicate scent , roses and a hint of lavender. Delicate like Amaira.

"I have blocked all your other contracts and if you don't want to be penniless you would agree with me."

"I would do no such thing Mr. Raichand and get that through your thick skull. I want you out of this place within 2 minutes before i call the security."

"Feisty as ever I see. Oh but you have to agree my love--"

"STOP CALLING ME THAT" she said it through her teeth and it was obvious that she was trying hard to control her anger but he so loved baiting her as he always got one of those passionate responses.

"Oh i will, that's because you are my love  and as you look so determined not to work with me I have to take a ruthless approach. You already know how ruthless I can be right darling?" he said it in a self loathing voice but saw a hint of vulnerability and hurt before she got that hard cold look again.

"Have dinner with me tonight."  and as she opened her mouth to refuse he said "and don't even think of refusing. I can cancel  the Malhotra's and Mittal Mansion contract with you. They're really important for you aren't they? It will only start if you have dinner with me tonight. Now you wouldn't want your workers and your company  to suffer. Would you love?"

"You bastard. Why the hell are you back and so determined to ruin my life again?"

" I am back in your life and this time any of us are not going anywhere. Now back to the topic , what is your answer? Will you go out with me or not?" and as she gave him the silent treatment he pressured her   " You really don't have a choice." he told her sympathetically.

He may have sounded arrogant but inside he was praying and begging to god that she would say yes. He had to take precautionary measures with the two major contracts her company was dealing in so he could blackmail her to at least go out with him.

He knew it wasn't the best way but there was no other way she would be in his company.

"So what is your answer?? We can take about THE GRAND RITZ contract too at dinner. So?"

"Yes damn you. Fine i would go out for dinner but it will be strictly business. Got it?"

"Yes of course. I will pick you up around 7. Now if you give me your address--"

"Don't bother. I will meet you at THE LEELA'S around 7.30. Now please show yourself out." she dismissed him, her eyes challenging him.

Ökay my love.See you then." he opted for a smug smile but inside he was jumping like a kid on Christmas. And with the last lingering look at her he turned to leave.

And as he made his way to the car he sighed happily , he knew breaking through her barriers was not going to be easy but he would do it.

He would try his level best to win her back and from what he had noticed she was still single. He dint want the agent or the secretary to pry in her personal life and so he dint really know anything about her.

But he would. Tonight at dinner he would start his more softer approach to know her.

"Until tonight my love." he smiled and started planning for their date tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE COMMENT , VOTE , FAN , ADD.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!