Alison and Lauren's Misadventures at Hogwarts: Chapter Two

Chapter Comments: Josh? On the Quidditch team! O_O Well... at least Alison and Lauren got on the team, and so did one of Lauren's friends from the muggle world! Speaking of the muggle world... Lauren met someone else. Brendan, Stalker #5? And thankfully things are all cool with the Weasley twins. But will they escape Brendan? Will Lauren have to go out with him? And... uh...AVPM reference anyone?  xD Well Ron and Harry express their 'love' towards Alison and Lauren, Fred and George are just annoyed. Unfortunetly, Harry's only spell doesn't work on Brendan because he's actually not a wizard. And who can host the lamest parties? HUFFLEPUFFS! Why does everyone hate the Hufflepuffs? They're just too cool for school :)

---

The next day, after classes were over, Alison and Lauren walked over to the Quidditch pitch. Neither of them had actually played Quidditch before; they barely knew what it was. So they decided they would go to watch the Hufflepuff tryouts to see how it was done.

Josh bounded up to them.

"Hey guys!" Josh exclaimed. "You guys came to watch me? I knew you were still my friends!"

"Uh... actually Josh, we just came to..." Alison began

"Oh, tryouts about to start, wish me luck!" Josh yelled as he ran to the middle of the field. Alison and Lauren watched from the sidelines.

"Joshua?" Madame Hooch stated, surprised. "You failed flying lessons last year! Why did you come today?"

"Well... I've been practicing over the summer!" Josh smiled proudly.

"You're muggle-born, and you live in the middle of the city! Did you practice illegally?" She questioned. Josh didn't reply.

"Josh, you are almost a squib, I think it would be better if you just sat down in the stands or-"

"It's okay! We want to watch this!" Lauren and Alison exclaimed. Madame Hooch sighed.

"Okay... I guess it's only fair to give you a chance. And you can even go first so we can get this over with. But you're paying for any damage!" She exclaimed.

Josh nodded, and picked up a broom. "I'm trying out for Seeker!"

Everyone looked at him with a disturbed expression. Madame Hooch set the snitch free. Josh picked up the broom and started to whack at the flying snitch.

"STOP! THAT'S A NIMBUS 2001! Here, you should use this Shooting Star, and you actually have to get on the broom to catch it!" Josh put his broom down, and took the Shooting Star. He straddled himself on the broom, and kicked off into the sky, but quickly plummeted into the ground.

"Well, you gave it a shot!" Madame Hooch snatched the damaged broom. "Thankfully this broom isn't too new so it shouldn't cost you too much..."

"But! Can I try again?" Josh pleaded.

"No, you won't want to break any other brooms!" She stated, and turned to where there should be the other kids standing. In fact, there was only one person left (because the rest of them had run off when they saw Josh's incident), a girl in first year. She stared at the two of them with wide eyes, and soon ran off like the rest of them.

Madame Hooch face palmed.

"Seeing as how you're the only Hufflepuff to try out, Josh, you're... on the team" Madame Hooch stammered.

Josh jumped up and down while Alison and Lauren's jaws hit the floor.

"I hope you guys make the Slytherin team, then we can be Quidditch buddies!" Josh exclaimed as he ran up to Lauren and Alison.