14

When I arrive home, I start to paint my room and a little while later my phone rings. I see it is Hobi, so answer it. He begs quietly, "Can I stay here tonight, please? I'm outside. I don't want to be there when Yoongi and Jin hyungs explode at each other again." I go to the door and motion him inside.
I hug him and apologise earnestly, "I'm sorry that your birthday turned to shit."
He sighs and admits, "I'm not. You said what needed to be said. I told Seulgi that she would be banished for a week if she didn't leave the house to complete the dare."

I smile and offer lightly, "I'm painting my room before it gets delivered tomorrow. Do you want to help or just dance to music while I am working away?"
He grins, "I think it would be nice to do a bit of both." I smile and take his hand, leading him upstairs. While we paint, Hobi states a little disappointedly, "The one of us you have a crush on is Jin isn't it."
I ask nervously, "Is it obvious?"
He sighs, "Only if you put the pieces together. You know I love puzzles, so I did just that."
I ask quietly, "Can I trust you with a secret?"
Hobi responds, "Of course you can, noona."

I take a steadying breath then admit, "From Jin's birthday until he agreed to date Seulgi again, he and I were friends with benefits. I gave him everything of me, from friendship to love and care, and my virginity along with it. I was going to confess to him on Valentine's Day. Before I could, I heard Seulgi ask him to accept her again, then saw her give him a blow job. I asked him if he ever got over her while he was with me, and he answered no."

I chuckle bitterly as tears slide unhindered, and I continue, "Seulgi attacks me and lies to him, so he attacks me. She is driving a wedge between us because she sees me as a threat. I have lost Jin to her. We all have because he isn't the Jin we know anymore. I lost my best friend because I tried to show him my love, but in the end, I was not enough. He takes the side of his manipulative, cheating girlfriend. I feel broken and tired. I can't live with him anymore and become the enemy. I can't live with him and hurt myself just to see him think he is happy."

*Hobi's thoughts*
I wish you had fallen for me instead. I've loved you for your caring nature for a long time. I would love to experience what you experienced with hyung, but I don't want to hurt myself when I know your heart won't be in it.
I'll continue loving you from afar and trying to make you happy, maybe help you get away from hyung for definite so your heart can heal. Yes, even if it's not with me, I want you happy, noona. You deserve happiness.
*End Hobi's thoughts*

Hobi holds me as I break down and comforts me, "I'm so sorry, noona. You deserve better. Have you thought about giving EXO members a trial relationship? A few of them like you and are looking forward to potential relationships."
I grumble miserably, "I don't want to use them like that and have one of them end up feeling like I am and ruin the friendship. It wouldn't be fair. I'm just going to focus on my career as an idol and ensure my content is great, so I make my fans happy. I will appear on the weekly show on Friday to perform Holly's song."

Hobi smiles and muses, "I'm glad you chose that as the title track instead of the one about us because your fans are from every fandom."
I nod, smiling as we start painting again, and Hobi offers, "If you ever just need someone to talk to, noona, you can always come to me. I don't want you to resort to doing anything stupid. There is a bright future for you."
I sadly mumble, "I tried suicide once as a teen. Yoongi saved me. I never told Jin. I didn't want him to know and think me weak. After Jin and Seulgi got back together, I thought about it again fleetingly. I decided instead to get away from them. I might harm myself, but nothing that would be permanently damaging." He hugs me.

*Meanwhile back in the BTS house*
Yoongi heads up to Yunmi's room to check on her. He feels a draft from the door, which is unusual. He knocks for a good 5 minutes before trying the handle. The door opens easily, and he looks around at the bare room.
He checks her ensuite and walk-in closet to realise she isn't there. Panic starts rising. He checks under her bed and in the desk cupboard where she often hides during a panic attack, and he stills in fear.
He looks out the window and breathes a sigh of relief that she hasn't done something horrible. He shuts the window and walks out to the corridor. He shouts, "BTS! Check your rooms and the house! Yunmi isn't in her room!"