13

Yeri muses, "You seem to understand it a lot."
I nod and explain, "I researched it. It seems to be Seulgi's kink, not Jin's, as he never used the terms in other relationships. She is a bratty woman, though, and acts like a typical Queen Bee in high school, being mean and a bully behind her parent's back but being a golden child in front of them."
Yeri nods and pouts, "She definitely puts herself higher than the rest of us. Irene loves what you gave her, by the way. It makes her love you more. She told me that she loves how you want to give her somewhere to put her dream. She knows you will never love her back the same way, but she appreciates that you don't shy away from her. Her love for you is pretty and wholesome, unlike Seulgi's obsession with having Jin."

After a while of comfort hugging, I offer softly, "If it ever gets too much, you can come to me. I'm moving out the day after Hobi's birthday, and Seulgi will not be welcome in my home, so it will be a safe haven for you to relax and enjoy some time away. I will have an art studio you can use and a basement home studio if you want to work on private projects."
Yeri looks at me surprised and asks, "Are you sure? We aren't even close to being close."
I nod and assure her softly, "I'm ready to break down those walls if you are. You are the one who puts me on a pedestal and treats me with respect for being older instead of treating me like a friend or sister, so whenever you are ready to knock the pillar down, I'm waiting with open arms."

Yeri smiles and hugs me as she whispers, "I might have to move in with you."
I chuckle and reassure her, "It's my own property, so I won't object." She looks at me, surprised. I add, "I will see a lot more of Red Velvet again. Do you want to collaborate on something? It could be artwork, a story, a song ... whatever you want."
She smiles and says, "Art could be fun."
I suggest, "The others are probably ready to go. Let's go back downstairs, ok? You have my number, so you can call me any time you need someone to talk to." She nods, and I kiss her forehead before we walk out.

We pass Jin and Seulgi on the stairs. Jin says firmly, "I need to talk with you, Yunmi."
I indicate quietly, "Wait in my room while I say goodbye then."
He nods and says bye to Yeri, who responds lightly, "Bye Oppa, bye unnie, see you both soon."
We go downstairs, and I hug the others, saying goodbye, and they all leave. Yoongi asks me quietly, "What happened? That's the first time we have ever seen Yeri approach you like that. Irene and Wendy were worried."
I whisper, "I just explained the daddy kink to Yeri." Yoongi nods in understanding.

I smile and dismiss myself, "It's been a long day. I'm going to bed" I go to my room and see Jin sitting on my bed. He looks up from his phone as I walk over. His expression is cold.
I congratulate him softly, "Congratulations on getting back with Seulgi. I hope she keeps you happy. We are still friends, right? Just no more benefits." I am uncertain and fearful that he will cut clean our friendship, but I try to be strong anyway.
His expression softens, and he says as he opens his arms wide, "Still friends. We will always be best friends." I climb into his embrace, feeling my heart breaking that he won't be mine.

He mumbles in my ear, his tone strict but pained, "I don't want the same drama as last time we dated, though. You need to accept that you aren't the only woman in my life and accept Seulgi so we can all be happy. Can you do that for me, Yunmi?"
His words are like knives in my throat that I choke on. He is already taking her side. I just nod, and he sighs deeply as he exhales. He brightens up and coos gratefully, "Good, because I don't want to have to choose between my friend and my future."

I feel my heart twist as his words pierce through me, and I whisper while holding back the tears, "I will never ask you to choose between me and someone else, Jin. I could never manipulate you that way."
I look up at Jin and see his calm, cold face. I realise that he is calculating what possibilities will come up. He instructs, "Just be nice, maybe collaborate together. I want my 2 favourite women to get along." He smiles at me, but it's almost a grimace as it seems forced.