it's nothing!

"Darryl..?" Zak says. "Did u hear that?" I ask, hoping that he didn't. "Yes, yes I did.." he answered, "Oh.. well I'm gonna head out." I decided. "If u need me I'm here, I stay up until 5am.. goodnight Darryl." Zak says in his comforting voice, "Bye!" I smiled, hitting my face lightly against the wooden desk. Ugh! Those god damn butterflies.

Zak then ends the call... "goodnight.." I whispered to myself.

I turned off my desk lamp and drifted off to sleep.

~~~

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. "Darryl.." Zak mutters, "Yeah?" I ask him.. "I like you.." He mumbles, intertwining our hands together. "Y-you do?" I stuttered, "Yes.." he answers. "So do I.." I smiled, he leans in closer and so did I.

Our lips finally touch, his lips felt soft like a pillow. I wrapped my arm around his waist, pulling him in for more.

Before could I pull away I woke up to me making out with my pillow, well.. this was embarrassing. I pushed the pillow off my bed and wiped my forehead, I was sweating.

I've been having these type of dreams twice a week, and it sucks. Zak probably doesn't like me back, it's hard to tell. And I'm telling you, I know what the signs of someone liking you is.

Well, at least I think I do..

Before I knew it I was in history class, doodling pictures of dogs. I've always wanted a dog but my mothers allergic.. she gets all itchy and sneezy.

"Oi Darryl!" Someone tapped on my back, "Yeah Velvet?" I reply. "Thanks!" He says, "What? Thanks for what?" I ask confusingly. "For introducing me to Antfrost, we're dating now.. thanks to u!" He explains. "Oh." I say, what?!.

~~~

"Darryl I need to talk to u." Zak tapped on my shoulder, I nodded knowing what he was gonna talk about. We walk to that sketchy corner again and started a conversation, "Yeah?" I asked. "What was that, like what happened on call?" He asked with concern, "It's nothing!" I risen my voice. "Darryl, I wanna help you.." he mumbles, "Help me with what? There's nothing going wrong!" I yelled.

"Darryl be quiet, please." He whispers, "I'm going." I muttered before exiting school.

~~~

It's been a few days and me and Zak haven't talked, the weird dreams about me and him is slowly disappearing. I have been thinking about Zak less and less now, I think I'm losing feelings...

Now I have a crush on a girl, Layla. Her perfect long blonde hair, and her hazel eyes are addicting to gaze at. I'm even planning to ask her out today, we have only talked a few times during class. Like whenever she asks to borrow a pencil or for me to repeat a question.

Now here I am, sitting at the bus stop holding a box of chocolates.. alone. Antfrost changed his bus just so he be with his new boyfriend velvet, I kinda miss him.

Life is just feeling useless and boring now.

I turned to my left noticing a couple holding hands.

jealousy, jealousy.

That could be me and Layla..

~~~

I took some deep breathes, I was only 19 inches away from Layla.. I can do this! You can do this Darryl.

I tapped on her shoulder, "Hi!" She exclaimed. "Hi Layla, do u mind if we can talk in private?" I asked her, "Yeah sure I guess." She mumbles.

As soon as we were outside she faced me, "What is It?". "Layla, will you go out with me?" I asked, shaking nervously. "Yes i will." She smiles.

605 words