concerned

DARRYL POV

I flushed the toilet and unlocked the bathroom stall door, I made my way up to the sink and washed my hands. As I dried my soaking hands my stomach rumbled, I didn't eat breakfast this morning because of the ice cream I had yesterday. I decided that the ice cream would count as my breakfast for today.

I exited the males restroom and went to go grab a few things from my locker, "Pst!" I heard someone say in my ear. I flinched and turned around to see Antfrost, "Yeah?" I spoke.

"The results from the basketball tryouts are out, come! It's on the notice board." My best friend exclaimed, i nodded and followed his lead.

When we got to the notice board we had to push people to get a view

MERINT HIGH BASKETBALL TEAM 2022
Taylor Saulm
Jennifer Ash
Jeremiah Apau
Darryl Noveschosch
Chad Baker
Noah Pane
Ashley Bran
Nicholas Kazoo
(practice will be held after school today.)

"Congrats dude!" Antfrost said, "What the muffin." I said shocked. I wasn't actually expecting to get in the team, my skills suck!

I looked over to the right to see who made it in for cheerleading.

MERINT HIGH CHEERLEADING 2022
Veronica Paul
Jamie Luvenberg
Jack Teqi
Zak Ahmed
Marley Jane
Alexa Fea

Oh Zak got in, cool!

Me and Antfrost left the crowded place shortly and made our way to class, we both shared science at this period of time and have the same teacher.

~~~

"Hey Darryl! Lab partners?" Antfrost asked, "Sure!" I say.

We put in our lab coats and stood behind our assigned table with all of our supplies on it.

"Uhh hey, why do you always use those wrist warmers?" Antfrost questioned, my heartbeat started to race. What am I gonna say?! "Uhhh, it's really comfy!" I made up, "Ahh okay.." My friend muttered.

"Good morning class, today we will be making rainbow potions. These rainbow potions will have the ability to change colour due to the temperature, this recipe will be on page 75-77. You may start, you have an hour!" Our teacher exclaimed, me and Antfrost quickened. We both knew that we couldn't finish this in an hour.

~~

"TIMES UP!" Our science teacher yelled, everyone in the class stopped what they were doing and allowed the teacher to examine their potions.

Our teacher, Mr Hedge examined the students potions. I started to bite my nails worryingly, "Beth and Taylor, b+" he spoke. He then comes up to us, he examines the potion and waits for it to change colour..

"Antfrost and Darryl, b." He says, "that's alright, at least we tried. And it's not a bad grade to be honest." Ant frost says. I nod in agreement and leave the class, "What do we have next?" I question.

"It's lunch." He mumbles while walking to the cafeteria, I let him pick his food and pick a table for us to sit at. Luckily I found an empty table with no one on it, I smile in glee and take the spot.